LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Finally had the time to move around some engine stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Finally had the time to move around some engine stuff

After having stuff sitting around finally moved my alternator out of sight and installed 2 piece valve covers..still have to hook up the ac again and possibly some brake line and wiring work
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you get that K-member in yet?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Nope.... Between family and military duties I haven't had time... Plus I got another project car I've been working on... In a few months I'm planning on moving back to Brooklyn where I have a garage that I can pull the car apart and do a lot of much needed work over the winter
Old 08-25-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't done much of anything with my LT1's lately either. I woke up and realized one day that if I had put the time and money that I've spent on these things into my 61 (which was my 1st car...and the car I LOVE) then it could be finished by now. I have been laid up with pneumonia for 6 weeks (finally getting better) and during that time finally found myself a 409 and a great deal on some New in the box Edelbrock heads and other parts for it. I'm planning on a 474" to 481", 12 to 13.5:1 CR, 265*/270* @ .050" solid roller, and having the new heads CNC'd which will put them @ 340 cfm Intake & 260 cfm Exhaust. Could be better flow for the cubes, but that is pretty good for a W motor head. The stock intake runners are only about 220 cc's...so that is inline with what a dang good small block head of the same port size flows.
I'm hoping to make about 650 @ the flywheel and run 6.50's once it's dialed in.
I have been strongly thinking about selling off my LPE cnc'd LT1 heads, and a few LT1 roller cams to help fund the project. Still undecided at this point though.

I have wanted to relocate my alternators down to the lower LH side of my LT1's for years. Never got around to doing it.
Also still haven't installed my RaceCraft K-member either. I'd gotten it awhile before you bought the other one from me.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

I was taking a hit on gas and putting more miles on my camaro then I wanted to driving from one side of ny to the other every month so I got back into one of my past cars.... Fiero..... I picked up one with a new bored and stroked engine in it that I've been toying with to have a good car to drive around in Brooklyn and not have to worry about like I do my camaro.
I've wanted to move the alternator in my car since I bought it.... The problem I had was I wanted to keep ac in the car so after alot of looking/ waiting and money finally have it in and was able to run the taller 2 piece valve covers to adjust valves easily
Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Same here about wanting to keep my AC. It's a must for this old man in GA. I have an aluminum UD pulley that spaces the original pulley/dampner out. I plan on making a bracket that lets the Alt run off the OE pulley while the other stuff stays off the UD pulley. May never get around to it. I'm thinking some of those finned tall center bolt Ebay valve covers that are meant to make a late model engine look more old school....would actually match up nicely with the finned LT1 intake plenum. Maybe paint the fins on both? Or paint the intake/valve covers and leave the fins natural or polished?

Quick Reply: Finally had the time to move around some engine stuff