LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

95 lt1 not running rite.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 lt1 not running rite.

I have a 95 z auto trans 93k on it just bolt ons headers ory tune cai things like that anyway over the past winter had the trans rebuilt so the car sat from nov til may . when I put the trans back in and started it up it ran really rough for about 5min it was missing and shaking real bad but smoothed out then I took it for a ride seemed ok. didn't drive it again for a few weeks due to lack of time and weather. now seems to have a cough to it and lack of power. When I watch it run seems to have a sporatic miss or something it just doesn't run smooth and doesn't quite have the snappy power it used to. so I changed the plugs ngk thinking from sitting they carbon up and went with new platinums that didn't change anything. also wires were changed with headers 15-20k ago, I cleaned maf , no check engine lite either . car runs and drives just rough. any thing to check or ideas that maybe Im over looking thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could a bad coil wire cause this I realized it has never been changed and one is on the way ?

Quick Reply: 95 lt1 not running rite.