LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Brake lines

So I did a search and found a decent diagram on the shbox site. But I am looking for actual pictures to see how all the hard lines are ran. Front to back, including the line that runs the length of the car. Like a dumbass I replaced all the hard lines but didn't keep the old ones to match up. If someone could get some detailed pics of all the lines, I'd appreciate it.

Btw it's a 94 z28 non-tcs
Old 09-12-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It goes from the abs block to the frame rail then follows the fuel lines in its own spot on the body clips. The passenger front runs along the k member and I think the driver front hooked around the top of the k member. I reran mine how I pleased.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if I'm doing the abs delete can I just remove that line? Or would it have to go into the proportioning valve? And same thing with the line that runs along the k-member from the passenger side, I'm assuming to the proportioning valve?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm finishing up my abs delete and used almost all the factory lines. I took some "slack" out to run them behind the inner fender.
If you choose to use a prop valve it goes on the rear line. From what I've read the rear lines differ on cars with tcs.
$10 worth of fittings, a bender, and a flare tool is all you need to make it work.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing in this link belongs to me but it has some good reference pics on the factory routing.
http://www.lt1engines.com/removing-t...build-project/
Old 09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by am_muscl
So if I'm doing the abs delete can I just remove that line? Or would it have to go into the proportioning valve? And same thing with the line that runs along the k-member from the passenger side, I'm assuming to the proportioning valve?
You want the rear feed from the master going into the prop valve and then out to the rear connecting to the rubber t block hose on the axle. The front feed from the master will have to be split to feed both front calipers. They make metal t's to do this.

Quick Reply: Brake lines