LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24lb ev1 injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24lb ev1 injectors?

Hey guys recently i bought a set of 24lb ev1 injectors from fuel injector connection but when i tried to install the first injector the retaining clip did not match up with the injector properly so i was wondering has anyone ever bought these injectors before and had the same problem? and how did you fix this issue? thx Henry
Old 04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The first set of aftermarket injectors I used, the clips did not fit, centered the injectors and never had a problem
Old 04-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Teching In

so moe are you saying run it without the retaining clips? a while ago i tried to install them again and it can work if i did not use the clips but what will secure them in place to prevent them from leaking?
Old 04-22-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I installed a set of Boshe type 3's in my car the clips wouldn't work. My buddy had a great idea since the fuel pressure was pushing the injectors out of the rail. He threw the clips onto the second (upper) o-ring recess at the bottom of the injector. This seemed to work just fine to keep the injectors far enough into the rail to keep em from leaking.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Launching!

If the injectors have a second o ring recess above the bottom o ring, you can just add a second o ring. It will stop the injectors from being forced down and popping out the top of the rail.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Those injectors look exactly like mine the second o-ring idea on the base sounds like it would work perfectly but will the injector be able to go far enough down to let the second o-ring to seal?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are the same injectors I have. They're not on the car currently,for some reason the car runs crazy lean with them (18-19:1). We put the retaining clips on that second lower o-ring groove. That kept them in the rail. I'm trying to get them tested. I tried the same tune with my stock injectors and it ran fine, just a little lean.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LTX_OUTLAW
so moe are you saying run it without the retaining clips? a while ago i tried to install them again and it can work if i did not use the clips but what will secure them in place to prevent them from leaking?
Don't remember the brand but no never had any leaks
Old 04-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Launching!

I attempted to install those without the clip or second o ring and i was able to push them down in the intake boss far enough for the top o ring to come unseated in the rail.

The second o ring definitely allows the bottom ring to seal, and stop it from seating too deep. I've run the double o ring since 09 without issue.

another option is to file the second grove in the top of the injector to fit the OEM clip. I did that on my first set of 39lb inj and it also retained them without issue.

Unlike the top grove that is cut 360 degrees around the injector, the second grove is partially cut with a tab at 12 and 6 o clock . File the tabs out and you can use the stock clips:

Originally Posted by jewbacca
Those are the same injectors I have. They're not on the car currently,for some reason the car runs crazy lean with them (18-19:1). We put the retaining clips on that second lower o-ring groove. That kept them in the rail. I'm trying to get them tested. I tried the same tune with my stock injectors and it ran fine, just a little lean.

I've had a major tuning headache trying to get these bosch III 30's right in my car. The slopes in the voltage offset tables are significantly different than the stock GM injectors, and are not the same as the old fat top FRPP injectors (most got away with leaving the offset tables alone, changing only the injector flow rate, and tuned around it)

I got the ford voltage offset tables for these injectors, and the info from FIC to run them in an LS car, but none of it directly translates to run them in an LT1.

I swapped back to the 39lb cobra injectors that supposedly should not be run in a GM due to the dual spray pattern. My WOT tune is spot on with them, so at least I can hit the track and have fun with the car!

Quick Reply: 24lb ev1 injectors?