LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Nitrous nozzle question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitrous nozzle question.

I was just kind of brain storming about my future nitrous plans and was curious about something...
I hear about issues with the rear cylinders not getting the shot like the front cylinders obviously because it's sprayed usually pre TB or via a plate kit behind the TB. So then I was wondering, other than going the obvious and expensive direct port, has anyone ever ran a shark nozzle in the middle of the intake or dual nozzles at the front and rear of the intake? In my mind I would think it would help disperse the shot more evenly across the cylinders but maybe i'm wrong?

I know people have had success for years doing it the normal way but was curious if this would work? Is the rear cylinder issue that big of a deal?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on this ^^^ I'm pondering my second stage options and just can't pull the trigger on the direct port option as much as I'd love to...IMO a second nozzle in the rear would seem difficult to me to gurantee a measured shot to the rear, obviously the shot wouldn't travel forward due to airflow, but some of the forward shot WOULD be received in the back. Not sure thats any better than what one nozzle does to the front....but a spray bar....Hmmmm....
Old 07-03-2014, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kris72079
+1 on this ^^^ I'm pondering my second stage options and just can't pull the trigger on the direct port option as much as I'd love to...IMO a second nozzle in the rear would seem difficult to me to gurantee a measured shot to the rear, obviously the shot wouldn't travel forward due to airflow, but some of the forward shot WOULD be received in the back. Not sure thats any better than what one nozzle does to the front....but a spray bar....Hmmmm....
Exactly, the dual nozzle would make more sense for a front and rear spray but i dont know how well it would work. I even considered cutting the top of the intake off and installing a puck in there and welding it back together.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

a single nozzle (or dual) plumbed in the plenum would not effectively atomize the mixture.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
Exactly, the dual nozzle would make more sense for a front and rear spray but i dont know how well it would work. I even considered cutting the top of the intake off and installing a puck in there and welding it back together.
cutting the top of the intake is something that I wouldn't even consider. My intake is too pretty for that! But back to using a spray bar front to rear in the intake is intriguing...why wouldn't that work? Its done on carb setups successfully, right? And it would require minimal modification. My idea to keep it clean would be to drill and tap the rear of the intake to thread a male to male nipple inside and out, connect the bar inside and the divider between the tb ports could be drilled to "catch" the other end of the spray bar, providing you weren't running a monoblade. Right?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 93M6Formula
This sounds like a good idea if you planned on keeping the lt1 intake but I think the effectiveness would be in where the solenoid was placed and the entry point of the nitrous and fuel. If it's not directly on top of the intake you still have the same problem.

Quick Reply: Nitrous nozzle question.