LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SLP Manual Fan Switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Manual Fan Switch

I've researched a bit but I cannot seem to find good instructions as to how to install the SLP manual fan switch. Can anyone out there point me in a better direction with pictures of how to route the wiring, as well as where to wire into. I have a ready made gauge panel where the CD holder used to be right in front of the shifter I would like to route the wires to. I also plan on changing the switch that is given in the kit to a simple on/off switch. I know there is a low/off/high switch, but is there a way to bypass the low level fans and only use the high fan level as the on position? One last question is, will the fans still turn on at the factory temp without me manually turning them on?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Pretty sure the SLP fan switch is plug and play, so you don't need to worry about where it is wired to. It can only connect to one place (which is on the RH shock tower). Wires can be routed through the grommet below the PCM. Why bother changing out the switch? Just use the high speed position. Yes, you could change the switch and only have high speed, if you like. If you are going to go through all that modification, you could just make your own switch and save yourself some money.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Reprogram the pcm for lower fan temps, skip the switches all together.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
Pretty sure the SLP fan switch is plug and play, so you don't need to worry about where it is wired to. It can only connect to one place (which is on the RH shock tower). Wires can be routed through the grommet below the PCM. Why bother changing out the switch? Just use the high speed position. Yes, you could change the switch and only have high speed, if you like. If you are going to go through all that modification, you could just make your own switch and save yourself some money.
LOL... so wish this was available when I did my switch back in 1996. It's a dual speed, but also uses three different relays. My bro-in-law did up the schematic and figured we needed to have a relay for the ground that goes back into the PCM. Works great, but there's probably 10lbs of wire and relays.

Quick Reply: SLP Manual Fan Switch