LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Summit Electric Water Pump Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Summit Electric Water Pump Clearance

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'm looking to know how much clearancing is needed to the stock fans to get the Summit electric water pump to fit. I'm actually considering eliminating the A/C and switching to a stock pusher fan setup to give me clearance since I don't want to trim the stock shrouds and fans too much and want a relatively clean install. I am okay with trimming the housing but don't want to trip the fan itself.

There are also aftermarket fans of course but I'd rather keep my money in my bank account rather than in someone else's.

Thanks for any help and especially photos if someone has them.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jazz-LT1
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'm looking to know how much clearancing is needed to the stock fans to get the Summit electric water pump to fit. I'm actually considering eliminating the A/C and switching to a stock pusher fan setup to give me clearance since I don't want to trim the stock shrouds and fans too much and want a relatively clean install. I am okay with trimming the housing but don't want to trip the fan itself.

There are also aftermarket fans of course but I'd rather keep my money in my bank account rather than in someone else's.

Thanks for any help and especially photos if someone has them.
I used a Meziere HD and it required NO clearancing even after rolling back the radiator for a ls intake conversion. Maybe you've read the lengthy thread where I opened this can of worms a while back....
Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

^^^ Damn! That's impressive.

I have the JEGS 50 gpm one and I had to notch the edge of a fan to clear. Didn't have to touch the blades at all. Did it with a dremel slowly and it doesn't look that bad...
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Jegs here as well and very happy. Notched the edge of the shroud a little and there is no issue. You can't even see it because of the intake anyway.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kris72079
I used a Meziere HD and it required NO clearancing even after rolling back the radiator for a ls intake conversion. Maybe you've read the lengthy thread where I opened this can of worms a while back....
Let me back up on my last statement. I forgot that I moved the higher mounted fan down to parallel with the lower...haha, so clearancing? no. other modification? yes. Oops!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I considered mounting the fans side by side to gain the clearance as well. If only minimal clearancing is needed I'll remove some material and call it a day. Otherwise I'll make a sweet aluminum plate mount for the fans mounted low and parallel to each other. Problem solved.

Quick Reply: Summit Electric Water Pump Clearance