LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 exhaust question

Got an all stock lt1 with all emissions removed and no cats, looking for a bit more sound for a good price. Was thinking having the muffler replaced, any brands sound better in particular? Or i was just thinking of getting the ugly manifolds replaced, would mids or long tubes be best with rest stock exhaust? Don't have the money to replace entire exhaust like i would like so just trying to get bye with one of these choices.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not going to tell what the "best" is because sound is all personal preference.... Go on youtube and search LT1 exhaust setups and choose from there.

Personally I like Corsa, Borla, or Hooker Aerochamber.

I wouldn't even bother doing headers until you can afford a good system. Just do a replacement muffler for the time being.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with above post.

What is your budget?

Cheapest is just a muffler.

Better would be a cat-back if you can afford it.

After the cat back is replaced, you can look into headers and a y-pipe, but the way your post reads I am guessing that is out of your current budget.

Sound is always personal preference. I love the sound of my borla. Some prefer others. For example, I hate the sound of SLP loudmouth, but others love it, so it just depends on what you like. If you want a bargain, look in the for sale section on used exhausts. Unless they are rusted out, they will perform the same used or new.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I liked and got several compliments when I had a Hooker Aerochamber catback system. It's priced pretty competitively too. just my $.02.

Quick Reply: lt1 exhaust question