LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Injector length question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Injector length question

I'm finishing up my 383 build and was transferring the 42# Ford/SVO injectors and fuel rail from my old engine to the new one last night. I cleaned everything up, lightly lubed the O-rings with silicone, and reinstalled the injectors into the fuel rail, then placed the fuel rail on the new engine. The injector tips barely enter the bores on the LT4 manifold, and I can still see the O-ring barely below the beveled edge of the bore. Is this right? Seems the injectors should seat further in. I can slide/wiggle the injectors further down but then I'm concerned they're not in the rail as far as they should be. In general, should the injectors be further inside the manifold or the fuel rail? Or is something not right?
Old 07-08-2015, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

They do sell injector cups extenders or whayever there called to lengthen the injector to sit better between the rail and manifold
Old 07-09-2015, 06:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the rails and injectors back on the old engine and it fits the same. Since I ran it for years like that without issue, I'll just do the same with the new engine. I plan to upgrade them when I get a bigger turbo on it.

Quick Reply: Injector length question