LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help sizing injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help sizing injectors

I've recently done a lot of mods for my car, and the next thing I'm looking at is injectors. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to fuel systems, so I need some schooling.

Up to this point, I just planned on using my stock injectors. I emailed a contact I have at a tuner in the area, and he said he was pretty sure I was gonna need injectors for my setup. Not really sure how I missed that before, so now I'm gonna have to get that figured out before a tune happens.

Obviously I need enough fuel supply to keep up with how much airflow will be going in with the heads and cam, but as far as figuring out how much injector I need, I don't really know where to start. I have old flow numbers for the heads, but I didn't get them flow tested after they were repaired and modified for the oversized valves I added. Here's the mod list, as it pertains to airflow stuff:

· Lunati Voodoo 60121 cam (Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 270/278, Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 219/227, Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .515/.530, LSA/ICL: 112/106, Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd, RPM Range: 1800-6000
· Custom ported aluminum stock heads with oversized valves
· EGR, AIR, and cat delete
· Pacesetter longtubes, custom true duals
· SLP cold air
· Smooth intake elbow, throttle body airfoil, de-screened MAF

I still have totally stock fuel systems, other than the braided stainless fuel lines.

So...anybody got some pointers?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good working condition 24# injectors should be enough, this assumes though that your stockers flow as good as they should. 30# svo injectors would be a good replacement.

Stock lines will work, stock fuel pump as well. If you decide to replace the pump depending on age and condition the racetronix kit with a single 255lph pump would be a good upgrade.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Thanks. Got a part number for the SVO injectors? I work at Ford, so I might be able to do some digging around and see if I can get a hookup.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alone_and_insane
Thanks. Got a part number for the SVO injectors? I work at Ford, so I might be able to do some digging around and see if I can get a hookup.
No idea off the top of my head but iirc 03-04 cobras had 42# injectors and the 5.4 supercharged lightnings had 39 or 36# injectors. Both are good options as well with more room for growth
Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by alone_and_insane
Someone at the dealership should be able to get you a part number for those. But I haven't seen a new set of those being sold in years, so no idea of their availability.

That having been said.....I have a set that I'm about to have refurbished and the sell them off.

PM if you'd be interested in them 'as-is' or refurbished.

KW
Old 04-08-2016, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KW Baraka
Someone at the dealership should be able to get you a part number for those. But I haven't seen a new set of those being sold in years, so no idea of their availability.

That having been said.....I have a set that I'm about to have refurbished and the sell them off.

PM if you'd be interested in them 'as-is' or refurbished.

KW
Do you know what vehicle they were original equipment for? That might help me find the right thing on the Ford Parts website or when I talk to the dealer.

Also, I'll send you a PM about your injectors.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

A guy I know recommended these, which he had just gotten for his car:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272066909441?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rmvSB=true
flow-matched refurbished Denso Bosch-style 36# injectors. Seems pretty hard to beat at that price point.

Quick Reply: Need help sizing injectors