LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Parking BRAKE light staying on...Fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 08:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Parking BRAKE light staying on...Fix

I recently had an issue with my BRAKE light staying on after bleeding brakes and then racing autocross for a weekend.

After doing some research, I found that it is triggered by the parking brake switch going bad (located inside center console) ABS combination pressure differential switch (mounted to the side of the ABS with bleeder screws on it for LT1's) or low brake fluid.

Come to find out, some air must have got into my system yet I had full pedal pressure and brakes performed perfectly fine. 2nd place in my class proved that

I went back and looked in the manual which apparently you need to bleed the ABS, then wheels then ABS again. This is the first car I have "bled" the ABS and even had bleeder screws on the ABS.

As soon as I bled the ABS then put the key to KOEO, BRAKE light went out. Pull up parking brake, light goes on, release parking brake, light goes off WOOHOO!

I believe the pressure between the front and back got out of whack and caused the light to come on. I found this video explaining what I believed happened...skip to 22:44 mark or watch the whole thing.

Just sharing some info I found for anyone else having the problem.

Quick Reply: Parking BRAKE light staying on...Fix