LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 not staying cranked

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 not staying cranked

1997 Trans AM
Alight guys. I usually just come on Ls1tech and look at the forums to find other post to see what issues I have with me car but im stomped on this one so I thought I would make a post.

Last week my car started acting up when heading back home and with the accelerator lagging and my headers started to glow/creating a lot of heat. So i let it cool down and see if we can get it to crank back up and it started to do the same thing. Our first thought was opti spark went out so we changed it and the car started right back up but my headers still starting glowing and creating a lot of heat after being cranked for a little bit. Then we took the fuel rail off and checked all my injectors and cleaned all of them. They were really clogged up with gunk so we cleaned them well. Some were not spraying good patterns but they still sprayed. We put it all back on and still the same thing and now the car wont stay cranked. Today we changed spark plugs but still the same thing.

Im asking for some advice on things we can check. Lt1 with CC503 cam and no tune.

Last edited by SBLt1; 05-30-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

LS swap it
Old 05-30-2016, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Scan for codes? Clogged cats perhaps?
Old 05-30-2016, 11:40 PM
Teching In

sorry forgot to mention i have longtube headers into a y pipe. so no cats.
I have codes that come up but thats because i have not yet tuned my car but the codes that show are rear 02s and egr
which i deleted both

Quick Reply: Lt1 not staying cranked