LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Isky roller lifters with rev kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isky roller lifters with rev kit

Is anyone running the isky red zone solid roller lifters with the isky rev kit? Reading on it seems to really help with wear on the lifters, but I don't want anything coming apart at 7k rpm making 600 before nitrous. This motor is a lot of money invested to pick one part wrong. Any info is appreciated as always.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Village Troll

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

If that's the lifter you choose then I'd run a rev kit. I ran those lifters without a kit using a pretty mild SR for about seven years and then had a failure. I'd think there would be better, lighter lifters available where a rev kit wouldn't be necessary.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What are your spring pressures, and how high are you spinning?

The Isky Red Zones are nice but heavy and come very close to the lifter bores on an LT1 block. If the car see's any street duty then you want a pressure fed lifter with the oiling hole, which eliminates a lot of ones like the Comp Endurex.

I was recommended the Comp 888s for my setup a few years back, which are an oil fed version of the older Endurex lifters that are better for street duty and still lighter then the Iskys. Price wasn't a factor, but they were also only around $600 IIRC. People were getting 10k+ street miles out of them and they were still checking out OK.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be spinning over 7k and springs are not installed yet as heads are being worked so we haven't decided as of yet. Cam is a .631/.631 dur 252/264 114 lsa. The other lifter I had been considering was the crower sever duties, or morels. The Isky red zones had seemed to have great reviews and longevity on yellowbullet, but I wanted to know yalls experience too. Also, I am running intake offset since the heads are afr 227 that have 60/40 valve split.

Quick Reply: Isky roller lifters with rev kit