LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Transmission problemo

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problemo

Only got one reply in the Auto Trans section so I figured I'd post it here to. Is my trans taking a ****?

Hey all, just got some questions about some of the problems that I am having. So, My car is a 1994 stock cube LT1 with a mild cam and slightly higher compression with full bolt ons, lowering springs, LCA's, and the stock 4l60e with a cooler. Been super busy here lately and I haven't had time to get the new converter in. I noticed on Monday that the car was acting funky, it would almost feel like it was missing at times. The exhaust note would change and the car would almost feel like it was jerking at times. I know I am not having a misfire because all of my ignition components have less than 1000 miles on them and the car runs just fine in park. Also, I've developed a small rattle/vibration coming from under the center console. After I noticed it acting weird I took it out on the highway and tried doing a first gear pull. The car acted very sluggish, didn't spin the tires at all like it usually does, almost felt like it was slipping, and it just didn't feel like it was getting the power to the ground. I've put about 2000k miles on the stock converter with the new cam, just wanting to confirm my suspicion about the converter before it pops like a water balloon.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

First off, did it start doing this "After" the cam swap?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

I would guess converter, especially if it isn't a gear specific problem.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:35 PM
On The Tree

Moe, yes. Haven't had time to get my new 3000 stall in the car yet. I've been super busy with college stuff. Like I said earlier, I've put about 2k miles on the stock converter with the cam in the car. Also, I put some fluid in the trans because it was a tad low. I've heard of 4l60e being finnicky when low, never the less it didn't change anything. Went for one last drive to try and diagnose the problem, did a wot pull from 50 and it shifted super early a little over 5k. Also getting a shudder, almost like im driving on a rough rode with bumps...it shakes the whole car. Car is now permanently parked until it gets fixed.

Quick Reply: Transmission problemo