LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 on my 97 camaro z28 distributor problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 on my 97 camaro z28 distributor problem

Ok so I was have bad misfires and horrible hesitation so changed plugs wires and distributor and when removed it’s was destroyed bought new put it all back together and it would barely start and ran beyond horrible so took it back apart checked tdc and put everything back together still the same problem it barely even starts need help bad put everything together rite and all the cylinders with plugs and wires on the distributor are correct what’s the problem??
Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What brand of Opti? Sounds like you got one that was bad out of the box.
Old 08-15-2018, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Isaiah Voelzke
Ok so I was have bad misfires and horrible hesitation so changed plugs wires and distributor and when removed it’s was destroyed bought new put it all back together and it would barely start and ran beyond horrible so took it back apart checked tdc and put everything back together still the same problem it barely even starts need help bad put everything together rite and all the cylinders with plugs and wires on the distributor are correct what’s the problem??
When my optispark of three years finally went bad, I was driving an engine that was flooding itself for an extended period of time, it was misfiring, it was running rough as hell and I was damn lucky that I didn't destroy the engine like one mechanic was claiming.

How long were you driving this car with the bad misfires and hesitation? Is it possible the engine is flooded and that is why it is hard to start? I had this same problem when I first tried to work on my car back in late March early April, the engine was flooded and I fuel fouled out a brand new set of plugs during my startup attempts. The engine oil also had to be changed since it was so diluted with gasoline. Suffice it to say, even after the new optispark and another set of plugs, the car would only run with my foot giving some throttle and then it would die on me. The car did need two new fuel injectors since they too fouled out during the fiasco.

Try to verify that you don't have a fouled out fuel injection system and that your engine is not flooding itself as you try to start your car up.