LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Random question about exhaust fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Random question about exhaust fitment

Hey all. I'm in the market for a new exhaust, and I've come across this: http://www.texas-speed.com/p-5187-ts...ess-steel.aspx

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these on an LT1. From most of the threads I've seen, an LS exhaust should fit right up to LT1 y pipe. I'm just hoping to double check before I jump in.

Any input would be appreciated, especially opinions on the sound. I would like to have a quiet(ish) exhaust most of the time, and have no issues at all with it killing a bit of power, as the cutout is in there for when I need it back. Thank you!
Old 06-05-2018, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm not sure if it is a direct install with no fabrication/welding needed, however if you have access to reputable exhaust shop I wouldn't be afraid to order it. You could always install it and if it doesn't exactly connect, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to have a shop button it up.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I'm not sure if it is a direct install with no fabrication/welding needed, however if you have access to reputable exhaust shop I wouldn't be afraid to order it. You could always install it and if it doesn't exactly connect, it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to have a shop button it up.
I already pulled the trigger on an LM2. I think I'm gonna toss in some mufflers at the tails and hope for the best. I don't really have any reliable exhaust shops in my area, the only place in my area that messes with 3" pipe welded my whole exhaust in place (2" below where it should've been) when all I asked for was one joint to get tacked.