LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Pressure / No Start. LT1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure / No Start. LT1

97 Lt1. New Opti Spark.
Was running smooth and just cut out on me. . I clutched it, Turned the ignition: It fired back up and I drove maybe 100 Yards and it died again,
I tested it at the Schrader Valve and I have 38 PSI. It turns over Just fine But will Not Start. .
Opti Spark is maybe 6 months old, with apx. 1,000 miles on it.
Any Ideas . Any info is Greatly appreciated.....
Thanks Again
Old 08-21-2018, 06:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also Fuel Pump iS NEW Maybe 2 mnths old
Old 08-21-2018, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I just remembered I had an issue where I bought a new opti wire harness made by a company called TSP. The female terminals in the harness were too big/open so they would frequently lose contact with the male terminals on the opti. I would have to get out on the side of the road and wiggle the harness plug and press it on the opti as hard as I could, then the car would fire up and I could drive it home. I eventually got a new opti harness from EFI Connection and it fixed that issue. I think fuel delivery is okay in your case and this is a opti issue since you recently replaced it and that's the last thing you messed with. Maybe try disconnecting the opti harness, gooping some dielectric grease on the connectors and plugging it in nice and tight. When you fired it back up and drove 100 yards, did it sound like it was running okay? Any trouble codes?