LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Needing to find 94 Camaro harness

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing to find 94 Camaro harness

Does anyone know someplace that has a harness for a 94 z28. Have a 93 and a 95 harness but nobody seems to have a 94. Please help.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinmann83
Does anyone know someplace that has a harness for a 94 z28. Have a 93 and a 95 harness but nobody seems to have a 94. Please help.
I have to research a '94 LT1 and find out why it is so different that a '95 engine harness won't work. However I do want to help you out. Pretty much what I am finding for your engine is a Painless Performance or Speedway engine harness, meant to work with 1994 -1997 LT1 engines. If you don't want to spend this kind of money for an aftermarket harness trying to work for multiple engine set-ups, ebay tends to be a saving grace. Do you have an automatic or manual transmission? I hope this reply leads you in the right direction.
Old 09-01-2018, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Actually, give one of the forum vendors a look, the price is much better than the other aftermarket names I gave you.

https://www.psiconversion.com/produc...esses/lt1-lt4/
Old 09-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice link thanks for sharing!

Anyone have any experience with this company? The older we get the more I look at my toys and realize how things become liabilities the more time presses on. All my rubber hoses are fresh, wouldn't mind a new harness thru and thru.

Again thanks and keep rockin' them LT1's!
Old 09-02-2018, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by 1BigBird3
nice link thanks for sharing!

Anyone have any experience with this company? The older we get the more I look at my toys and realize how things become liabilities the more time presses on. All my rubber hoses are fresh, wouldn't mind a new harness thru and thru.

Again thanks and keep rockin' them LT1's!
All I can say is, contact the owner at PSI conversion and find out everything you can about this harness and what needs to be done to get it to work for your engine, if any!

Yes, there are risks in trying to keep our older cars and my crazy self intends to keep my 20+ year old Trans Am driving with the same engine and components for as long as I can since I enjoy this car that much with every day I drive her! I do have my requests to have the engine modified and tailored to my driving style but it should make my daily drive all the more enjoyable once that day comes. This is where I hope companies such as PSI are still offering parts for these cars with their LT1 engines.

Well, if my car situation gets that bad that no one local can restomod her to like new, I can always pay to have my car shipped to Chip Foose for an overhaulin, or send it to Dave Kindig of Kindigit Designs, OR Noah Alexander of Classic Car Studio OR perhaps Dan Short with Fantomworks, one of them can help build me my dream car when the time comes!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

94 to 95 harness is one pin added in 95. PWM solenoid in the trans. PCM pin D6 (PCM blue connector) to pin U on the trans. No need to find a 94 harness if you have a 95. 94 trans won't have the pin on the case side so no issue. 94 harness on a 95 vehicle you need to add it to use the 95 PWM trans. That being said, the only other difference is the pigtail from engine harness to the opti. Technically it's a pigtail and not part of the harness, strictly speaking...
Old 09-08-2018, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tinmann83
Originally Posted by Gojira94
94 to 95 harness is one pin added in 95. PWM solenoid in the trans. PCM pin D6 (PCM blue connector) to pin U on the trans. No need to find a 94 harness if you have a 95. 94 trans won't have the pin on the case side so no issue. 94 harness on a 95 vehicle you need to add it to use the 95 PWM trans. That being said, the only other difference is the pigtail from engine harness to the opti. Technically it's a pigtail and not part of the harness, strictly speaking...
Tinmann83, you should be good to go with your '95 harness! Nothing better than saving some money from a part you already have!