LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help tuning obd1 with $EEHACK problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tuning obd1 with $EEHACK problems

Hey guys, posted this in the tuning forum too but havent gotten many responses yet so I thought I'd try here.

I keep getting errors uploading my erase file when flashing my PCM. Every other function of the program works well. I can datalog and control the individual cylinders fine. It can read and download the current .bin on the pcm with no errors. I'm at a loss. I dont want to just buy a new computer and start over because it seems like its communicating to and from the computer fine except for this one function. Maybe I didnt download a file I need? I hate these windows computers, im used to macs. Maybe theres a driver or some sort of file I missed...I hope. Thanks

I've tried both the e and t side independently and still nothing.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't think the guy that wrote it posts here anymore. A friend and I bricked a few PCMs with $EEHACK between two different cars, computers (desktop and laptop), cables (both from aldl.com) and OS versions that worked fine with other tools like TTS datamaster, C.A.T.S., trying to get it to flash correctly so we just kind of gave up on it. Probably won't try to mess with it again until I can build another bench harness and score another cheap PCM. Hope you see some kind of resolve for the issue since there's not many people still trying to mess with it anymore.

Last edited by stevo9389; 08-20-2018 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The EE hack logger/ve modifier and such are good but I wouldn’t try to load a tune with it.