LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Conflicted on Car's Future (Mod or Sell?), Going Price?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Conflicted on Car's Future (Mod or Sell?), Going Price?

1997 Camaro Z28 T-Top was delivered to me when I was 16 years old out of Dayton, Ohio on 12/05/2005 with 68,200 miles. Car at that time cost $8,900 with delivery of vehicle(only day I missed in HS). As she sits today she has 75,850 miles, so in 13 years I've put right at 7650 miles on it. Car is in pretty pristine / nice condition and is black with leather interior and is A4. Full loaded with every option available minus SS package. Currently debating weather to go TorqHead 24x system or just sell car as it. Anyone care to give me a number on what it is worth; already collecting parts for the conversion BUT I can always return stuff I've bought. Also if I do convert over I will also removal ASR unit and run Non-TCS Cruise and Non-TCS Throttle. Car is free and clear in my name, I feel like I've put a ton of money into; might as well just keep it if I'm only going to get 4,000-5,000$ considering the 24x is going to cost me over 1/2 of what the car is worth alone.

MODIFICATIONS:

Engine:
PaceSetter Coated Long Tubes (with AIR/EGR; have since deleted AIR)
PaceSetter 3in ORY (dumped before real axle)
Stainless Steel 3in band clamps used throughout exhaust system
No Mufflers / Deleted Cats
Custom Made Turn down before axle
Full Lingenfelter CAI
Z28 Throttle Body Plate
1 LE Intake Elbow (no more donkey dick)
Throttle Body Airfoil SLP
Throttle Body Coolant By Pass (After thoughts AUTO)
MSD 8.5mm OTVC wires (Custom Made) with black wire looms
New GM Opti (replaced in 2010, less than 2000 miles on opti)
NGK TR55ix Plugs
Hi Temp wire boot ends
Hi Temp wire cool socks
Racetronix 255 LPH Fuel Pump / Hot Wire Kit Harness / Upgraded Body Ground Kit / Pump Booster Connector
March UD pulley on hub
March OD pulley on alternator
Chrome Billet Oil Filler Cap
YoFab Fuse Box Cover
Chrome Radiator Cover
Hi Temp Cool Sock wrapped fuel lines
YoFab Stainless Steel Battery Covered (Custom Wet Gloss Powder Coat)
High output alternator (rebuilt to spec)
High output starter (rebuilt to spec)
New OEM Waterpump
New OEM waterpump Shaft O-Ring Seal Set 2x
New OEM radiator cap
New OEM waterpump shaft coupler w/ seals (coupler seal and o-ring)
New OEM waterpump gaskets
Aftermarket Power Steering Cooler (Mounted in front of radiator)

Wheels/Tires:
NITTO NT05R Tires in back (275/40/17) Kuhmo Ecsta (245/45/17 up front) less than 1000 miles on them
Chrome SS Ten Spoke Wheels
1'' Hub Adapter for wider stance (rear only)
Stainless Steel Brake Lines (WS6 Store)
Black Power coated Brake Calipers with Custoe Made front caliper chrome Camaro Lettering by Brent Franker

Interior:
Custom Made Chrome Dash Plaque (Hawk's Third Gen)
Z28 Shifter **** (WS6 Store)
Hawks Third Gen Rear Seat Delete
OEM T-Top Shades (bought by a member on here)
New OEM Sun Visors (one of the mounts was loose and the other glass was cracked, replaced with new mounts and all new mirrors)
JVC Head Unit with Remote
New OEM ash tray and ash tray lid
New OEM power window motors

Exterior:
Chrome CAMARO Lettering in back (real stainless steel)
Custom Made Chrome Z28 Emblems (real laser cut stainless steel)
Coverking Satin Stretch Cover (Custom Made - Black with Red Chevy Symbol up front and Red Camaro lettering out back)
Shorty Antenna
5% Tint on both front windows and on the rear window
SLP badge on rear driver's side

Suspension:
Bilstein Shocks (WS6 store)
Strano Springs (Custom Wet Gloss Powder Coat) *All new upper and lower mounts, spring seats, anything AND everything that could be replaced when doing a shock / spring install was replaced with all OEM or MOOG parts)
Strano Parts Brake Master Cylinder brace
UMI 2 Point STB (Custom Bren Franker Chrome Emblem)
UMI Transmission relocation cross member
UMI Full Length Adjustable Torque Arm
UMI single adjustable Poly / Roto PHB
UMI single adjustable Poly / Roto LCA
UMI bolt in LCA Relocation Brackets (now welded in)
UMI Weld in SFC's
UMI front sway bar (new energy suspension bushings, blaine fab upgraded HD mount, UMI Billet new sway bar mounts, new enlinks)
UMI rear sway bar (new energy suspension bushings, upgraded Billet UMI mounts, UMI new sway bar mounts, new enlinks)
UMI Tunnel Mounted Drive Shaft Safety Loop
TA Performance Diff Cover
TA Performance Main Stud Bearings Kit
Richmond MEGA Rebuild kit (all new bearings, seals, spider gear in the ten bolt)
Brand NEW Motive Orange Box 373 gears (150-200 miles left on break in period)
New OEM Bump stops with Custom made brackets
POR - 15 Gloss Black Painted Rear End

Stuff it Needs:
*Only suspension pieces not purchased or installed - UMI Kmember, UMI upper a-arm, UMI lower a-arm and UMI's new upper a-arm mounts)
*Needs a new headliner, (it is starting to droop in the back)

Extras:
Any bolt that could be swapped with GRADE 8 and any nut that could be swapped with a GRADE 8 nylon locking nut; this has been done (you could call me OCD big time lol)

Last edited by blk97z28; 10-16-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upgrade it. Sounds like it needs a LS3 in it. You’ll never get what you put into it. But sometimes a new toy gives you new reasons to play.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Toes
Upgrade it. Sounds like it needs a LS3 in it. You’ll never get what you put into it. But sometimes a new toy gives you new reasons to play.
I wish on the ls swap, heard it cost big time money (5-6k?). Might as well buy an LS1 car lol. Sadly I don't think my camaro would bring much in terms of money.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Village Troll

Received 541 Likes on 391 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Well, you can try your luck on the FB f-body pages. Extensively modded cars like that owners are asking 10K plus. Of course more often than not the price is made fun of, but hey, there's an *** for every seat, so why not try...
Old 10-17-2018, 08:04 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

If you are having second doubts, its easier to get out while you are not hugely invested.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll just keep it, I think about selling it but then I know i'll regret it. I can always add to my collection if I want to. Put in way to much money just to walk away thats all.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by blk97z28
I'll just keep it, I think about selling it but then I know i'll regret it. I can always add to my collection if I want to. Put in way to much money just to walk away thats all.
I hear it all the time when talking to guys about my car and how they regret selling their beloved muscle car. For me, I simply love the styling of my car and even more so, I love driving the thing, cruising and shifting through the gears and once in awhile mashing the accelerator when it is safe to do so. I have spent lots of money and many years of my life keeping this car going so for me, it makes no sense to get rid of her for something I know I won't enjoy driving and for something that may have a questionable maintenance history given all the work and money I have put into my car.

I recommend you keep this car. No one knows your car better than you and you have put so much money into it to improve it and make the car totally your own, why get rid of it? Sure, the optispark ignition is a royal PITA, but the 24X ignition system seems to be a worthwhile upgrade, and I can honestly say, Torqhead has one heck of a complete kit for our cars, and you don't even have to remove the timing cover either and they provide LS1 PCMs modified to be plug-and-play with the LT1 harness connectors!

Honestly, just hold on to your car!