LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Twin Turbo Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo Set Up

Changing my setup and going twin turbo single plane mono blade tb. I am looking for an inter-cooler recommendations wanting to support 15-20 pounds. Also is there anything I should be aware of or my need to make the conversion go smoother
Old 02-14-2019, 07:29 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Something along these lines
https://www.maperformance.com/produc...iABEgJLmPD_BwE

Although, if you can weld aluminum well, it may be easier to be a bare core and weld on tanks
Old 02-14-2019, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

i would jump over to the forced induction section and see what the LS guys are doing their for twin turbo intercooler setups in fbodies, shouldn't be too much different

SNM- would that one work in an fbody? seems the outlet would put the charge pipe to the TB over the upper rad support which doesn't seem like it would work without having to cut up the rad support. i would think you'd want the outlet on the right side above the inlet

i would think something like this (i know its for a crowd killer but just using as an example)
https://www.maperformance.com/produc...tang-1994-2004
Old 02-14-2019, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Twins are not necessary, for one you are pumping in more heat, taking up more space and for only 15-20 lbs a single will do fine
Old 02-14-2019, 07:10 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by hokeplaya05
i would jump over to the forced induction section and see what the LS guys are doing their for twin turbo intercooler setups in fbodies, shouldn't be too much different

SNM- would that one work in an fbody? seems the outlet would put the charge pipe to the TB over the upper rad support which doesn't seem like it would work without having to cut up the rad support. i would think you'd want the outlet on the right side above the inlet

i would think something like this (i know its for a crowd killer but just using as an example)
https://www.maperformance.com/produc...tang-1994-2004
If hacking up the center rad support scares you, maaaybe one should rethink going twin turbos in a fbody

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Twins are not necessary, for one you are pumping in more heat, taking up more space and for only 15-20 lbs a single will do fine
Agree, but they are so damn cool. Always wanted to do a compound setup to max out complexity and gizmos to tinker with.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm not scared to, but my car isn't that clean to begin with so i don't care, if i had a clean example then I'd be more hesitant to is what i was eluding to. I'll probably have to cut up mine to stand up the rad to fit the big single. i was looking at the Huron speed twin turbo kit for ls fbodies and the front mount looks like the one i linked.

twin turbo LTx is cool and different, I'd say go for it for sure.