LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best opti available today

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best opti available today

So I'm getting my old 95 trans am back after I had to sell it a few years ago to my brother. he only drove it a few times in the 4 years he had it so he is selling it back to me. I'm wanting to swap the parts store opti I put in it before I sold it to him with a brand that's known to be reliable. mainly Becouse I don't trust it that's the 3rd one I put in the car and getting it towed is not cheap and swapping opti's every thousand miles is not fun. so what the best opti thats available today. I would do a 24x convertion but don't have 2k to spare at the moment. Thanks
Old 06-04-2020, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Short of a NOS OEM one I would go for one from Petris ( https://petrisenterprises.com/ ) or the 'opti-doctor ' on eBay ( https://www.ebay.com/str/optidoctor ).

I purchased one from the 'opti-doctor' a couple of years ago - it was a rebuilt unit with a NOS Mitsubishi sensor and new MSD cap and rotor. It's given me no problems to date.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

The one I purchased from the optidoctor worked fine, however it did not seal well (I could pull mucho air through it with the vents plugged) and the sealer he used hardened over time and was a pita to clean up when I took it apart later for inspection.
My understanding was in order to get a mitsu sensor you would have to send one to him with said sensor. My purchase did not have a mitsu sensor (nor did I expect it to).
I ended up going through an oem opti to use and kept some others for parts/backup.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for Petris.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my name in for Petris opti they are on back order. And I was looking back through some old posts I made and it appears I put and acdelco reman in it last so hopefuly it will last long enough for me to get a Petris.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought this from rock auto... came with a Mitsubishi sensor just as pictured. Put a msd cap and rotor on... runs great

Quick Reply: Best opti available today