LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TorqHead Lt1 Key Reprogram 1994 Firebird Solved

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Default TorqHead Lt1 Key Reprogram 1994 Firebird Solved

Context / attempted methods
My 1994 firebird has the torqhead optispark delete kit, using the ls1 pcm and the 16pin connector. Recently I had issues with my key fob not wanting to control my lock and unlock doors. The car would try to relock it self while driving, I am guessing because it lost connection with the keyfob. None of the 93-97 lt1 key reprogramming methods worked, neither did the 98-02 methods worked either. What was happening was on the lt1 method, jumping the A and G pins on the 12 pin connector, wouldnt do anything unless you touched the two pins but didnt keep the jump in. Leaving the jump between the G and A pins, the car simply did not react with the doors locking and unlocking; however sometimes it would communicate with the keyfob but only with the ignition on and the pins jumped. Taking the jump out or turning off the ignition would result in the fob no longer working. When doing the 98-02 methods of jumping pin number 4 and 8, leaving the paper clip in or even tapping the two connections together did nothing. However I found that by combining the two stages, it some how got the new ls1 computer and I the old RAP module system I think its called to communicate.

Solution
To get the key to reprogram, I stuck one end number 8 and left it there. Then taking the other end, I tapped the metal of the paper clip on pin number nine, it made the lock and unlock happen, then I put that end of the paper clip that I just tapped onto pin number nine and stuck it into pin number 4 and left it there. So now pin numbers 8 and 4 are jumped or linked with the paper clip. Now as I had done that, just after linking pin number 4 and 8, I pressed a button on the keyfob, it gave me a confirmation by doing the lock and unlock. Then after that I pulled the paper clip out and it gave me the final lock and unlock for a total of three pairs of lock/ unlocks.

Hope this helps any one else that may have this issue. I wonder if it may work for those who did the 411 pcm upgrade as well.

Quick Reply: TorqHead Lt1 Key Reprogram 1994 Firebird Solved