LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Coil Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Coil Conversion?

I have a '95 T/A when the stupid optispark and was thinking about buying the delteq system...I need to know if anyone out there has this system and what they think about it. How long is the lifespan, how good of an idea is it to mount it at the bottom of the fan shroud, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 09-14-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

go to z28.com lt1 thread and do a search...there is a back to back chat with the guy who made the item...its pretty good.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by joshua32
I have a '95 T/A when the stupid optispark and was thinking about buying the delteq system...I need to know if anyone out there has this system and what they think about it. How long is the lifespan, how good of an idea is it to mount it at the bottom of the fan shroud, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joshua
after 1 yr on this opti it's flailing at 6-6,200rpm vs where I normally shift @ 6,700rpm, so I'm considering the Delteq myself, you still retain the engine speed sensor (opti high/low res wheel) for spark/inject timing but it's less failure prone than the opti distributor itself. Reason I like it is that I can keep my MSD 6AL whereas I cannot with the LTCC (which I like also). There are tons of threads on camaroz28.com regarding which setup is better, but hands down Delteq has a superior customer service setup and have not had problems with sending out the correct electrical schematics for whichever year of vehicle compared to the competition.

Delteq comes with everything you need to mount the system, I would not recommend mounting it under the fanshroud due to weather, afterall it's one of the downfalls of the opti.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Delteq comes with everything you need to mount the system, I would not recommend mounting it under the fanshroud due to weather, afterall it's one of the downfalls of the opti.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is what I was thinking but when i was looking on their website it said that that is where it mounts on the t/a and camaros. i thought that is a little weird considering that would be prone to getting water damage, etc.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there is a artical on the Delteq in this months Chevy Hi-Perf.

Quick Reply: Coil Conversion?