LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What to do now???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do now???

im finally gonna make some time to take it out to the tracks next month. that means i have to get it ready. mods are still the same except for some nitto dr's. im going to order sfc's tomorrow.

i was getting 5* of knock retard under wot and anywhere from 0-5 when driving or idling. i bought some 105 unleaded today to check if it was real knock. my tank was empty so i put 2 1/2 gallons. drove it around. first wot run had 2.4* kr. second had 3.4*. and third had 5*. so i know its false.

im gonna send the pcm back to bryan at pcm4less and eliminate the knock sensor. i also want to do something about the gas mileage. i get about 6-8 mpg in the city and 13 highway. thats horrible. thats one of the reasons why i dont drive it that much. i dont know if its in the tune or not but im gonna mention it to bryan. or should i send it to someone else like madwolf or ed wright?

what else should i do to it before i take it? i cant think of anything that i need. also what psi should i set the tires at and how should i launch?

just for fun, any guesses on what i'll run?

thanks you all in advance.