LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 racetronix fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1 racetronix fuel pump

has anyone installed it on there LT1.. im looking for reviews on the pump and install before i buy mine.. im in need of a new pump and want to make sure it's worth the cash...
Old 12-07-2004, 11:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pump. The one we put in came with no instructions so we got to do it twice.

BTW ONLY the wiring harness is plug and play. Racetronix was kind of snotty to us about the instructions bit. Excuses were the best but did trouble shoot the problem. I guess when you work with your own product all the time it is hard to believe other's can't read you mind

Over all good product. Not the best on the service end
Old 12-08-2004, 03:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

http://web.camaross.com/forums/search.php?s= has much information on the Racetronix FLT1 system.

Instructions can be obtained my e-mailing support@racetronix.com as has been the case since day one.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed a ractronix twin intank on my TA and a ractronix single on my brother in laws SS.

Both were plug and play, easy to install and still working great after two seasons

John
Old 12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a LT1 thats sucking the pickup dryThe speed pro is reading 14.4 A/F and the injectors are at 122 PW Thanks god we didnt continue arfter that 1st run.

We're elimating the intank and going modded rails with -8 crossover and a aeromotive pump,reg,filter.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by JS
We have a LT1 thats sucking the pickup dryThe speed pro is reading 14.4 A/F and the injectors are at 122 PW Thanks god we didnt continue arfter that 1st run.

We're elimating the intank and going modded rails with -8 crossover and a aeromotive pump,reg,filter.
Have you considered an in-tank DP system?

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-08-2004, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

My racetronix install was A+, the only thing they leave out of the instructions is that you have to snip a fin out of the inside of the bucket to fit the pump in flush. Great product.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DietCoke
My racetronix install was A+, the only thing they leave out of the instructions is that you have to snip a fin out of the inside of the bucket to fit the pump in flush. Great product.

Excerpt from on-line instructions:
"* NOTE: Some buckets have ribs on the side which prevent the pump from sitting straight up in the bucket. You will have to shave these down if your bucket has them.
"

Happy you like the system.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-08-2004, 09:46 PM
11 Second Club

You know everytime I have bought a product requiring any kind of desassembly/reassembly it has came WITH the directions. You don't have to have the thing completely apart then realize you don't have anything insite puting it back together correctly. It seems to me people can put in the extra 10 cents for a copy of the directions. Holy **** is that going to kill you? It would save a lot of people's time looking for them. I got an idea, maybe send the directions with the pump, HELL here;s a good one POST IT ON YOUR SITE. My .02 since I had to drop the tank twice. Which isnt easy due to the fact the rear end comes also. Thanks for nothing racetronix. Good pump though,
Old 12-09-2004, 12:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix

Excerpt from on-line instructions:
"* NOTE: Some buckets have ribs on the side which prevent the pump from sitting straight up in the bucket. You will have to shave these down if your bucket has them.
"

Happy you like the system.
Which WASNT on the instructions that came with the kit, I dont see why you act surprised.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:13 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

This topic is getting old and we have no intention of changing what is bundled with the FLT1 system at this time. Our reasons where touched upon way back when the product moved from a dealer installed item only to a product that was being sold over the counter.
The LT1 system does not have printed instructions in the box.
All dealers are instructed to have the customer e-mail support@racetronix.com if they are doing the install themselves. There have not been any updates to the instructions being e-mailed out for over a year so why this section would be missing in the instructions you received is unknown. This is assuming you did e-mail support@racetronix.com for instructions.

We are glad you like the system and that it is working well for you.

>WEB SITE<
Old 12-09-2004, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racetronix
This topic is getting old and we have no intention of changing what is bundled with the FLT1 system at this time. Our reasons where touched upon way back when the product moved from a dealer installed item only to a product that was being sold over the counter.
The LT1 system does not have printed instructions in the box.
All dealers are instructed to have the customer e-mail support@racetronix.com if they are doing the install themselves. There have not been any updates to the instructions being e-mailed out for over a year so why this section would be missing in the instructions you received is unknown. This is assuming you did e-mail support@racetronix.com for instructions.

We are glad you like the system and that it is working well for you.
could you please e-mail me the instructions to the install of the LT1 kit??? my e-mail address is croompac88@sbcglobal.net Thank you
Old 12-09-2004, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed a Racetronix FP in my car two years ago with NO problems!

Quick Reply: Lt1 racetronix fuel pump