LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help me choose a motor.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help me choose a motor.

hey guys..i am at a crossroad..i cant decide whether or not to put a sbc in my 94 ta or a lt1..it doesnt have anything in it right now. i was thinking of going with a sbc with an aftermarket fuel injection setup.. or doing a lt1... either way it will be a forced induction motor..my goals are 550 rwhp..not too terribly much to ask for...i just cant decide what would be cheaper..since i hae no engine in it now (still have the harness and ecu though) i would have to buy a complete lt1 and rebuild it,new everything prob..if i go with the sbc i have to piece it together and then buy the fuel injection..(around 2k for the acell dfi.) how much tunabilty is there with this setup and FI?. if i go lt1 i would more than likely go with the vortec..if i go sbc i would go with the procharger unieversal carb style. i just cant decide what to do..if i go lt1 what would be involve to get this much power with the blower? im new to lt1's so i need adice on heads,intake,etc....im pretty famialiar with sbc's but not with forced induction...somebody throw me some suggestions please..i cant decide on what i want to do..either way it will be fuel injected... im not to good on carbs so i want to stick with what i know..
thanks matt
Old 03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd put in an old SBC if I were going all out as the aftermarket support and potential of the SBC is amazing. Since your goals are relatively easy, I'd say stick with the LT1. You should be able to find a shortblock or longblock for a very good price on either ebay or the for sale forums on here and CZ28.

550 rwhp isn't too hard to attain....I'd do a search in the FI section here and at CZ28 and if you have any other question ask as everything has been covered ad infinitum and it would give me a healthy case of carpal tunnel to type that much
Old 03-13-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id go lt1. Build forged bottom end. Get lloyd to do you a set of heads, slap on an s-trim or something and boost your way to 550rwhp. I dont see any sense in putting in an old school sbc and converting to efi when you have an lt1 ready car, ( ecu harness etc )
Old 03-13-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if i was to just buy the shortblock or what have you,.,,how hard is it to source the intake,fuel rails,all the sensors etc...seems like i cant find just the injection side of it anywhere..i guess i could get a kit or somehting from street and performance but that is going to be $$$$.

Quick Reply: help me choose a motor.