LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 vs ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Haven't had much time to keep up on the thread I started. Alot of people said the same thing. So I think i'm gonna go LS1. I saw a post saying that a set of AFR's flow 300+cfm. That really caught my attention. I feel that heads are what make the motor. Which is why when I buy mine, It's going to be something nice!!!

Thanks for posting all of your comments. Feel free to post more. I'm still all ears about this topic. It would be nice if we could keep the "fire" burning here. But, instead of just saying which motor is better, post up some setups other people have and their time slips to back things up. You know, things of that nature.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

If you want old school, badass sound and not to spend very much money going really fast.... by all means, the LT1. Not to mention that if you wanted to boost or spray, they enjoy it even in stock form. Just make sure you intercool that sh*t!

If you want new school (better mpg i must confess), albeit crappy sound and really expensive to go really fast, get the LS1.

Stock vs. Stock, the LS1 will run on average .5-.7 faster in the quarter. But who keeps their sh*t stock anyway? Cai, exhaust, gears and you'll beat stock LS1s with an LT1.

But once you start modding, they both have the same potential, relatively. 5.69L vs. 5.7L. Just the LT1 will get you there cheaper, and sound better lol. Gas mileage sucks though, imo.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1-TeK
Haven't had much time to keep up on the thread I started. Alot of people said the same thing. So I think i'm gonna go LS1. I saw a post saying that a set of AFR's flow 300+cfm. That really caught my attention. I feel that heads are what make the motor. Which is why when I buy mine, It's going to be something nice!!!

Thanks for posting all of your comments. Feel free to post more. I'm still all ears about this topic. It would be nice if we could keep the "fire" burning here. But, instead of just saying which motor is better, post up some setups other people have and their time slips to back things up. You know, things of that nature.
If you feel that heads make the motor, then you'll probably be better off with an LS1 on a limited budget.

Not trying to be an ***, but this is all searchable material. Just browse the forum and check out peoples' sigs for some setups. If you can't find what you're looking for, search. This has been discussed to death, I just can't believe that you would have searched and not found anything else on this entire website about this topic.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Both engines have advantages and disadvantages. They are too similar to make some kind of judgement as to which is better. They can both yield the same level of performance. The only limitations are your imagination and your bank account. Don't bother comparing the world's fastest LT1 to the world's fastest LS1 because it's highly unlikely you will ever do that amount of modification to have an unstreetable car.

Quick Reply: Lt1 vs ls1