LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headers Knocking under my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers Knocking under my car!!!

OK i got done doing a header install and we put some Jet Hot LT's in my car and now there is a sound that is almost like a knocking or hittting right below my floorboard...it is underneath my gas pedal and around there..it will usually happen when i start my car (when the cars cold) doesnt do it when its warm. or when i am at a stoplight for a while then i start to go aroing...does anyone have any suggerstiosn on what it could be do u think its the y pipe hitting on the headers>????..also i got the Y Pipe custom made from a exhaust shop and everything is welded up even to the headers
Old 06-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

I had a problem like that on my 95 z, on mine the y-pipe was hitting the floorboard, have the exhaust shop check again for clearances.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

could be the motor mounts......
Old 06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

If its the y pipe hittin the floor board, my buddy had the same problem on his 2000 z28 when we put jet hot long tubes on it. He just went and bought some fiberglass cloth (i think thats what it was called) so it wouldn't melt and pulled down on the y-pipe and slid it up in between the y-pipe and floor board, no more knocking

Quick Reply: Headers Knocking under my car!!!