LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pushrod length for milled heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pushrod length for milled heads

what length pushrod are you guys running with milled heads. it looks like there is either 7.15 or 7.20. i assume it is the 7.15. i think i figured out that my intake pushrods are to long. i have real bad wear on the top of my reatainers only on the intake valves. these are lloyd elliot heads do you guys know how much they are milled. finally do you think i can run just a factory stamped steel 1.5 rocker and be ok.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Regular

come on guys i need some one with some LT1 expierence. i have bad wear on my intake spring retainers. could it be pushrod length or rocker issues. any help would be great.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be both. you need to rotate the engine over by hand and watch the rocker motion and see what it does. a good tip for checking push rod length and location on the valve stem is to make sure the stem is clean and oil free, then color it with a parmenant marker or black marker. set the valve lash then rotate the engine. the roller tip will show where on the stem it rides by removing the larker on that area of the stem. as for rocker interferrence on the ratainer, well you should just watch it while you rotate the engine over.

not sure if you can use the stock rockers or not, sorry
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

well the wierd thing is that this is only happening on the intake valves. exhaust valves look great like they should.

Quick Reply: pushrod length for milled heads