LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

major hesitation at part throttle

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default major hesitation at part throttle

well i have 94 lt1/t56 and recently i have been having some problems. The car feels sluggish in general, but sometimes i will just be crusing down the road at a steady 2000k rpm or thereabouts and all of the sudden the car just falls flat on its face and stumbles and then ses light comes on and then it starts running fine again and the light goes back off. What in the heck could this be? also at WOT it'll also stumble sometimes somewhere around 4500-5000rpm. the only mods are gutted cat and flowmaster muffler. On a side note, the volts often drop down below 13 on the guage with the ac on cruising in traffic. I don't know if that is normal or related in anyway, but i thought i'd mention it. the waterpump just recently crapped out on me too and poured coolant all down the front of the engine so i am thinking my opti might be crapping out, but not sure.
thanks for any help,
joe
Old 09-09-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Basics, start with plugs and wires. If all clear there. You answered your own question. Its your opti.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Launching!

If you've gotten the light, then get it scanned and find out what the code is. Definitely sounds like an opti to me tho.

Quick Reply: major hesitation at part throttle