LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Sonic cleaned my injectors :-)

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005 | 06:23 PM
Launching!

Talking Ultra-sonic cleaned my injectors :-)

Well I took my injectors out today, which was pretty easy 4 bolts holding the fuel rail, injectors pop up and then slide the clip back and they come out with a lil wiggling........threw them in the Ultra-sonic cleaner my boss had from his gun smithing days and they came out looking better than when they came out but I took the car for a ride and its a hell of alot better!!!!!!!

No more sputtering when rollin on the throttle and such so Im very happy....atleats it wasent something ignition wise...... still not 100% on which way I'll go with this car or motor yet but I wanna get her runnign right first.

Thanx for any input you guys gave!

Last edited by garth285; 11-11-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2005 | 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to hear you got it figured out... Now you wanna do mine?? LOL J/K
Old 11-11-2005 | 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Well sonic cleaning those sure surprised the hell outta me. Congratulations on doing something that I don't think I have ever heard of doing.
Old 11-11-2005 | 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by garth285
Well I took my injectors out today, which was pretty easy 4 bolts holding the fuel rail, injectors pop up and then slide the clip back and they come out with a lil wiggling........threw them in the sonic cleaner my boss had from his gun smithing days and they came out looking better than when they came out but I took the car for a ride and its a hell of alot better!!!!!!!

No more sputtering when rollin on the throttle and such so Im very happy....atleats it wasent something ignition wise...... still not 100% on which way I'll go with this car or motor yet but I wanna get her runnign right first.

Thanx for any input you guys gave!
Did you submerge the complete injector (electrical connector portion too) and how long did you sonically clean them?
Old 11-11-2005 | 07:10 PM
Launching!

the cleaner has a 30 min timer on it.....If you guys really wnat I Can clean your injectors......but ya know you would have a lil down time I guess....not a big deal thoguh for me.....I submurged the whole injector....My boss has done some on a bike and he said it was alright....I work at a motorcycle shop by the way.... but yeah man, what suprised the hell out of me was that the car ran so much nicer after that. Ima get a new pump filter and also try some fuel system cleaner as well to clear thigns up a bit and mabey do the old water injection trick to clena out carbon in the motor.....I run water injection on my diesel truck, loweres EGT's and give some more ponies...but on old cars I know some people who have ran the car at about 3k rpm and took a water bottle with a spray tip on and sprayed in the intake tract....you dont want to spray to much jsut a fine mist.....works wonders, that or some nitrous hahahah I had the juice on myu bike and I tore the engine down for the trans and the motor had almost no carbon in it from the juice :-)

Quick Reply: Sonic cleaned my injectors :-)