LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What kind of headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of headers?

I have a '97 Trans-Am WS6 6M. What are the best LT headers I can buy as far as price and performance gain? I dont have a lot of money to spend on the best available. Also how easy (or difficult) is it to install the headers myself? And what kind of gears should I get? I dont want extremely bad gas mileage, but I realize im not gonna get the best either. And how much should I expect to pay to get the most power, with bolt on's, out of my car. Im new to the whole LT1 scene and know very little about these cars. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-16-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All the answers are located here
Old 11-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Banned

my brother has hooker lt's with borla and i like it
Old 11-17-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Pacesetter LT's best deal. Uncoated headers are like $250 or something.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned

Check some post about pacesetters and you change your mind
Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cheater
Check some post about pacesetters and you change your mind
Really? I have pacesetter long tubes and I love them, I dont think there is a better deal when you consider the quality, fit, and price. There is a side by side comparison of Hooker/Pacesetter long tube headers. The flanges on the pacesetters are roughly twice as thick as those on the hookers ( HERE ). I found the installation of these to be fairly easy, taking approx. 6 hours total, taking my time. On a different note it all comes down to how much you want to spend on a set of headers. If funds are not a problem, I have heard great things about the kooks longtubes. They are also made from stainless steel and will never rust, so its likely that the kooks headers will last longer than the car itself . Just a hint, pay attention to who posts opinions about certain brands of parts, some of the time people feel the need to post their opinions about a certain product (likely bashing it) when they have no experience what-so-ever with it, and are basing their opinions off of others.