LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help With LT1 into Pre-Runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With LT1 into Pre-Runner

I am building a 83 toyota pickup and I got my hands on an LT1 from the junkyard. I got the long block, water pump, optispark, air injection, Intake, and throttle body for $350. I am going to try to throw it in as a stock setup to get my sticker that says a V8 is leagal in my truck, just in case the law pulls me over and pops the hood. I need to know your thoughts on what year I should set it up as for the smog. I am also going to be using a 700R4. I got my hands on a 97 WS6 computer but it has been modified from stock and I am going to use it as a base setup for when I do the 383 LT1. I need to know how different the wiring harness between the OBDI and OBDII setups. Also I would perferably want to run a setup that came stock with dual exhaust, if not I will run with what I can. This is not going to be in the truck for long because like I said I am building a 383, so I am trying to keep it cheep and simple and stock. Later I will be asking you guys for help with the 383 because I have some very specific things I want from that. But for now I just wanted some opinions on what setup will be quick and and cheep to get it past smog. I am a professional mechanic/fabracator so making it fit and wiring it up and making it run is not a problem. And I have already done a couple of smog legal motor swaps before but they were all TBI. Anyway thanks for any help and I hope to get this thing going soon so you guys can check it out. I will eventualy have the motor pushed back about 1 foot into the cab, 20" of travel in the front widened 10" and a-arms lengthened 12"-14", 30" of travel in the rear, full manual 700R4, Fully caged and braced and made to average 75 mph in the rough stuff.