LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cat or bullet muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat or bullet muffler?

alright not too long ago i was asking about the TSP rumbler. some one here gave me a nice clip of it, and im set on getting it now. ill be getting the rumbler and install kit very soon. i figured while i was at it i'd look into high flow cats and bullet mufflers to replace the stock cat..

now this is where i need a little help. im not going to lie and say i know all,becuase i'd be lying if i did. which should i go with to go along with my cat back? inlet/outlet sizes?, is there one thats cheap and yet works well(ive heard of catco cats being fairly cheap and work pretty good) where should i get it from if i go the cat route? bullet mufflers... IDK **** about them as far as using them in place of the cat. anything else im going to need?

sorry if im babbling on but i want to make sure im doing it right the first time around and not wasting money.

i tried searching but the f'n search isnt working for me.

Car info: 95 T/A - stock

thanks for the help.
Old 03-09-2006 | 10:57 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why dont you just go no cats?
Your not going to pass emissions with a bullet muffler in place of the cat anyway
As for sizes i think the smallest bullet made is a 16 1/2'' and a cat is maybe 10''.
If you decide to do this, 3in 3out will work 4in around.
Old 03-09-2006 | 11:02 PM
On The Tree

i dont have emmissions anyways. from the what ive heard everyone says no cats sound like ****. and i dont want that. i just want it loud and proud.
Old 03-10-2006 | 07:41 AM
On The Tree

I didn't use a cat with my stock setup for the longest time. Didn't sound all that bad. It did make that annoying cackle for a while. But I had a Bullet put in the cats place. No cackle. Just a nice smooth rumble.
Old 03-10-2006 | 09:18 AM
TECH Veteran

No cats here since the first week I owned the car. I had my cat cut off on Earth Day. (Isn't that funny?) I have been completely satisfied with no cat and never regretted it being gone.
Old 03-10-2006 | 02:31 PM
On The Tree

cool thanks guys for helping me out.

so 3 in and 3 out will work fine then

Quick Reply: cat or bullet muffler?