LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just an update to the DELTEQ setup.. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NotACop97z
I was able to score most of that set up, minus the interupters for less then 800 used
What all did you get?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

MAN! My Delteq showed up at the shop today....unfortunately the WIFE opened it and saw the invoice! OUCH! I told her not to look in the Atlantic Speed box when it get's here best deal I could find still took $500 to get the MSD DIS-4 PLUS and four 8870s to my door 2nd day air...
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
MAN! My Delteq showed up at the shop today....unfortunately the WIFE opened it and saw the invoice! OUCH! I told her not to look in the Atlantic Speed box when it get's here best deal I could find still took $500 to get the MSD DIS-4 PLUS and four 8870s to my door 2nd day air...
Awww, you mean you didn't splurge the extra $160 for the pretty red MSD coils to finish it off???

I have that exact setup myself... Works great... But I did find one little problem, in that being that my NGK spark plugs (TR6s) did not like the MSD box so much and I blew out a coupel resistors in the plugs...

After doing some research, I ended up going with Autolite AR103s, they are thier 'race plug' and a lot of the DIS guys run them on Mustangs and V6 F-bodies...

They are abotu 2 plug ranges colder, so I figure they will be perfect with teh blower setup, but once I end up runnign the juice sometime this summer I may need to go even one step colder than that even...

The car runs great, smooth idle (well as smooth an idle as a cam as large as mine will allow), very smooth acceleration, overall driveability is awesome... Mileage, well, we won't even go there as I don't think I can use my setup as a benchmark...

But overall, I give the Delteq/MSD DIS-4 Plus/MSD adapters/MSD coils/Elitespark pug wires/Autolite AR103s a big thumbs up as a package... I even splurged for the Delteq billet opti-cover!
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got the complete deltech, a DIS-4, and the coil pack adapters.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:01 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

that is as nice as an install gets!!

notacop,

don't worry i will e sending out the bracket i custom made with the DIS when it goes out i had it bolted on the very front lower portion of the drvers inner fender well below the fuse box. all you need to do is pull the dr. side plastic fender well and drill one hole.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Did you ever have any pics of your instal Taner?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Leadfoot4, LT4 composite valve covers are getting a little ridiculous to purchase at this time. I think the last time I saw some on E-bay they were in the 270 plus range, that was for a used pair. If you could find them new from a dealer that would give you gm cost I think I paid in the $140 range brand new. The polished pieces in the middle of the valve-covers unfortunately are no longer available from MBA. I paid 70 for the polished inserts and 50 for the buttons, I think ? So, total original cost for everything would have been in the $260 range. The LT4 composite covers also use a re-sealing O-ring gasket. The covers do not have to be notched (at least they did not on my car). Covers are slightly taller and will accomodate most any large body roller rocker and will also keep down the ticking that is common with needble bearing roller rockers .
Thanks for the info...I was going to try and modify a set of the black crinkle Proform covers a couple of years ago, when I installed a set of the GMPP roller rockers and ARP studs/lock nuts, as the ARP hardware wouldn't fit under the OE covers. Long story short, I couldn't EASILY get the measurements for creating the "alternator notch", so I wimped out, took the ARP nuts and tall studs out, used "short" studs and the GMPP nuts, used the OE covers, and sent the Proform covers back to where I purchased them.

This past winter, I had some more time on my hands than last year, so I said, "What the hell", got another set of the Proform covers, and did my best to measure where the notch should be, and got out the hacksaw. I then took the cover in to work, and "squared up" the hacksaw cut on a Bridgeport. Long story short, I should have measured a little better... I took about .070"-.080" too much off, and my notch is dead even with the forward edge of the #2 exhaust rocker. OE rocker covers are still on the car, and I have one cut up rocker arm cover....
Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Thanks for the info...I was going to try and modify a set of the black crinkle Proform covers a couple of years ago, when I installed a set of the GMPP roller rockers and ARP studs/lock nuts, as the ARP hardware wouldn't fit under the OE covers. Long story short, I couldn't EASILY get the measurements for creating the "alternator notch", so I wimped out, took the ARP nuts and tall studs out, used "short" studs and the GMPP nuts, used the OE covers, and sent the Proform covers back to where I purchased them.

This past winter, I had some more time on my hands than last year, so I said, "What the hell", got another set of the Proform covers, and did my best to measure where the notch should be, and got out the hacksaw. I then took the cover in to work, and "squared up" the hacksaw cut on a Bridgeport. Long story short, I should have measured a little better... I took about .070"-.080" too much off, and my notch is dead even with the forward edge of the #2 exhaust rocker. OE rocker covers are still on the car, and I have one cut up rocker arm cover....
This will help. I did this when I was building the engine. I mounted every thing up and used a die grinder. I just kept flipping the alternator back down to check where it was at and then I would flip it back up and grind some more the notch is NOT WHERE close to my rockers BTW

I do have some NGk and Autolite plugs here from range 7 to range 9 just incase. thanks for the heads up
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

TwoFast4Luv, I just noticed you have the polished waterpump housing and timing cover like I just got done doing to mine. Looks great on your motor ! I can't wait to install mine....
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
This will help. I did this when I was building the engine. I mounted every thing up and used a die grinder. I just kept flipping the alternator back down to check where it was at and then I would flip it back up and grind some more the notch is NOT WHERE close to my rockers BTW

GOOD JOB! That's exactly what I was trying to accomplish, however I should have measured three times instead of twice, before I cut once. The 3rd and 4th gen engine compartments are just SO tight, it's tough to do anything in there.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96silverram
TwoFast4Luv, I just noticed you have the polished waterpump housing and timing cover like I just got done doing to mine. Looks great on your motor ! I can't wait to install mine....

Thanks! They do look good. I did cheat...they are coated
Old 06-06-2006, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

I almost did the ceramic chrome finish, but I went ahead and polished it out !

Quick Reply: Just an update to the DELTEQ setup.. PICS