LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pinks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they could have gottn the guy with the camaro to take the bottle out it may have been different, they never did say how much the motor made or how much they were spraying. Rich never really let them negotiate he kept putting his 2 cents in about how it should be...

-john
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well on the VERY first negotiation it was agree'd the car would run the full night on Juice. They should have done a better job on the forth race setup that is for sure
Old 05-04-2006, 02:04 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Well on the VERY first negotiation it was agree'd the car would run the full night on Juice. They should have done a better job on the forth race setup that is for sure

I wonder what that SB2 was making, I hvae heard of some monster numbers from them on Big Cube SBCs, that Camaro was making some power.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Launching!

Nice to see I'm not the only one that thought the good ol' boy god HOSED by those tools.

I've actually been kinda irritated about it since the show ended. lol.

My theory is dude didn't think his GN could hang, hence the "motor failures", and why he ended up with that Miller car. (and didnt the Miller guy and his driver get handled last time they were on the show?)
Old 05-04-2006, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
I wonder what that SB2 was making, I hvae heard of some monster numbers from them on Big Cube SBCs, that Camaro was making some power.

I jus looked on pinks site and they had the numbers for both cars, the camaro had a 394 sbc w/ sb2.2 heads. it made 740ish NA and 1000 on the bottle so that crap about the car not running with out it was total BS. IT was still a 9sec car with out the N20. Plus the guys admitted it was a 8sec car b4 the 4th race i think.

It sucks tho cuz it seemed like the guy with the nova was the first person/team ive seen on the show who told it like it was, and run what they brung, they didnt get caught up in all the crap. but that isnt the reality of street racing anyway but the show cant even get that right as it is. Theyd be better off bringing guys in and being straight up with everything.

-john
Old 05-04-2006, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

IDk i think thats a bullshit point to negotiate during any race, Itd be like me negotiating i want mandatory 5 cars for the whole night cuz i dont have decent gears in my rear end. With out ever knowing what i do have or what jets those guys were using. They never should of even let that negotiation go through. It was over from that point and they knew it.

-john
Old 05-04-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was a badass Z28! The guy who bought it pissed me off, he bought the car but wasnt driving it, that show is just weird. The host is a huge ***! dahaha he has like a temper problem and he looks like the tall version of ET!
Old 05-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Teching In

The same thing I posted elsewhere in regards to this show:

The show can be entertaining but it's setup to accomodate the pussies. People want several car-length handicaps, disconnect the nitrous, several second headstarts and all that crap that says, "Yea my car's a complete f***in turd. I'm gonna need a damn miracle to beat your car which is clearly faster." Well then what is your dumb *** doing on national TV putting your pink slip on the line?! If someone has the ***** to appear before an audience then they ought to have a car with the same ***** and definitely don't talk **** to someone whose car would obviously annihilate your car.

F*** negotiations. If I was on that show, the race takes place only ONE way. We both start at the line. No head starts, no I won't disconnect this or that, and no you can't start from halfway down the track. Either your car is faster or it isn't. Run what you brung and you better hope to god you brung enough! Leave the BS excuses at home, maybe mommy will make you some hot cocoa to help you feel better.

Last edited by kovachian; 05-04-2006 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...570514&pl=true

Lots of money in the nova vs not as much in the camaro, but the camaro was built RIGHT. Shows a good ole guy with not a lot of money who knows what he is doing is going to whip the **** out of a guy who just has a lot of money.

Favorite quote..."I'm going to run by him like he's tied to a stump"
Old 05-04-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skinnies
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...570514&pl=true

Lots of money in the nova vs not as much in the camaro, but the camaro was built RIGHT. Shows a good ole guy with not a lot of money who knows what he is doing is going to whip the **** out of a guy who just has a lot of money.

Favorite quote..."I'm going to run by him like he's tied to a stump"
Isnt that guy piggy that guy that made that video making fun of F-bodys??
Old 05-04-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kovachian

The show can be entertaining but it's setup to accomodate the pussies. People want several car-length handicaps, disconnect the nitrous, several second headstarts and all that crap that says, "Yea my car's a complete f***in turd. I'm gonna need a damn miracle to beat your car which is clearly faster." Well then what is your dumb *** doing on national TV putting your pink slip on the line?! If someone has the ***** to appear before an audience then they ought to have a car with the same ***** and definitely don't talk **** to someone whose car would obviously annihilate your car.

F*** negotiations. If I was on that show, the race takes place only ONE way. We both start at the line. No head starts, no I won't disconnect this or that, and no you can't start from halfway down the track. Either your car is faster or it isn't. Run what you brung and you better hope to god you brung enough! Leave the BS excuses at home, maybe mommy will make you some hot cocoa to help you feel better.
I agree 100%, heads up racing would be much better. You would find out who has the titanium *****. They would definately have to do a better job of pairing cars in the same class though.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It would be cool if thats how the show was but then your just watching NHRA Dragracing for slips (which would be baddass). So I am gonna have to disagree. The point of the show isnt to have the fastest car overall If it was they wouldnt tell the people to bring a XX.XX second car. It seems like one guy/team is honest and brings a car that will run the et they were told and the other guy/team brings a car that is 2-3 seconds faster than what they were supposed to bring. If both teams were honest an brought what they were supposed to They wouldnt have to be negotiating as much. Honestly who do you think is going to win in a heads up race a 10 second car or a 8 second car? I am sure if you brought a 10 second car and the other person said they brought a 10 second car that was really a 8 second car you might think a bit differently. I like the show but its seems like one team gets screwed every time cuz the other team bring a car that is way faster than what they were supposed to bring. And they need to use the tree or a hot chick rather than the goofy lookin host.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It would be fine if the show was based in reality. The basis of street racing is hustling pure and simple, and the show cant even get that right. Everytime they are negotiating they try to make it a fair race. That aint the damn point. Ill tell you what ever you want to make you belive my car isnt as fast as you think, if you want me to take the bottle out thats fine but im not gonna tell you about the bottle under the dash. lol

-john
Old 05-04-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPMuscle
I jus looked on pinks site and they had the numbers for both cars, the camaro had a 394 sbc w/ sb2.2 heads. it made 740ish NA and 1000 on the bottle so that crap about the car not running with out it was total BS. IT was still a 9sec car with out the N20. Plus the guys admitted it was a 8sec car b4 the 4th race i think.

It sucks tho cuz it seemed like the guy with the nova was the first person/team ive seen on the show who told it like it was, and run what they brung, they didnt get caught up in all the crap. but that isnt the reality of street racing anyway but the show cant even get that right as it is. Theyd be better off bringing guys in and being straight up with everything.

-john
He's probably making a bit more than that. Mine makes 740 on the motor with a restricted intake and more left on the table in the heads. I agree that he is in the 9's on motor though.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The show needs to know more about the cars. They should be aware of what the cars run or are capiable of running. There should be a margin....... They say 10.0 the car should have a 9.8 to 10.2 range instead of and I quote" IS THAT A 11 SEC CAR?"......."SURE I can make it run 11's".

The best show was with the turbo busa's because they were evenly matched.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

damnit.... i missed it.... i guess i'll have to see the re-run.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Regular

I couldn't agree more. I'll be damn if I lose my car because I gave some wimp to many car lengths. Run what you brung heads up all day, if you can't run that you got no business racing. You can beat anything if you have a big enough head start so whats the point.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I take it you guys have never been street racing for cash?

Show seems alot like the street in that respect
Old 05-05-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lethal Z
I couldn't agree more. I'll be damn if I lose my car because I gave some wimp to many car lengths. Run what you brung heads up all day, if you can't run that you got no business racing. You can beat anything if you have a big enough head start so whats the point.
I am not trying to start a pissing contest but most of you guys that say that must have your head up your *** and would probably lose your cars. I never see a 7 second unbeatable street car in your sigs. Every episode one guy brings a car way faster than what they were told to bring. Say you were told to bring an 11 second car and you brought your 11 second car, the other guy brought a 9 second car and claimed it was a 11 second car. I am sure after the first run or two you might be crying for lengths or something cuz you realize half way through . I bet you wouldn't be saying "What a ***** cause he had to ask for car lengths". One team clearly gets screwed almost every episode thats why they end up asking for crap. If the people that run the show actually verified the cars were near equal in performance the show would be so much better and the negotiations would not be so rediculous as the are sometimes. Its not NHRA and all cars arent equal they arent putting 2 cars with all the same mods up against each other.

Last edited by 98Blubrd; 05-05-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

first of all they need to get rid of that ball headed queer host
he not even a gear head and doesnt know what the hell engines are capable of
they should take a real engine builder/gearhead as a host and have him inspect the competitors, before the race and let him decide the negotiations or at least match up the competitors fairly, a dude that is familiar with all types of engines of all brands and parts, and is not going to get fooled to much
dam i want to go on that show becuz i just want to clock that queer host
always hit the weak ***** inthe mouth
**** doesnt even know a turbo from a sc let alone how an engine works
stupid anger management
that bastard just aggrevates me