Old 05-11-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be on newer cars as ours it would be on the low side of that figure
Old 05-12-2006, 01:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jessmansweet
the WOT a/c cutout has been around since....well since they started computerizing! It certainly didnt start in the f-body in 99. As said before the differences in the Quarter times are from extra heat from the a/c and making the engine work harder to turn the a/c creating heat soak of the intake before it turns off. Not to mention the much higher underhood temps and running cooling fans. Next time you guys try the a/c quarter thing dont use the a/c until 1 or 2 seconds before the launch. this will keep the heat from building up before the run and give closer results.You may still see a small difference from the a/c being on right before WOT. I suppose if you were curious enough you could wire a temporary light to the a/c compressor to prove it. From looking at various year lt1 files all the LT1's were cutoff at 99.6% and the L99's were 92.2%. I checked both b and f body files. Dont know on the LSx. I also suppose that those of you that dont actually get the cutoff may not be getting 100% on the TPS. Might want to check that!
what he said...if the clutch isn't kicking off, ya got some TPS issues

Quick Reply: How much does AC effect power?