LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Its In!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its In!!!!!!

well i just finished it all up last night... i drained all the coolant out of the block and all... put a new CSI waterpump on to get alittle extra power... 2 new thermo sensors and a new knock sensor....

there are a couple of things that i didnt like about the new MSD opti... first was the bolts that bolt it to the block.. they are allen wrench bolts.. those tend to start to wear very easily over time...

Second i the top of the cap didnt mate all the way with the housing when the seal was on... i could just barely get my fingernail in it... but just as a safety measure i put some RTV on the seal so when bolted together it would give that extra seal...

and the last and worst thing i didnt like was that the cap screws. they use phillips head screws to bolt on the cap and rotor... i didnt like that at all cuz those really tend to strip out easily... i had to replace one with a flat head cuz the head got messed up on installation...

but i went back and dissasymbled it just to take some pics and lock tighted every bolt for that extra security... i have pics but dont have them with me.. i will post them up tomorrow...

now the review... she fired up on the first try and idled like a dream.. couldnt be more happier.. still some little things on the car to work out... but she pulled hard when i got up on her with out a miss.. i loved it....
still something isnt quite right.. i think its time for some fuel accessory replacement.. and still needs a tune... so its time to talk to alvin to get everything worked out...
Old 06-17-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

here are some pics..... enjoy.....
Attached Thumbnails Its In!!!!!!-opti1.jpg   Its In!!!!!!-opti2.jpg   Its In!!!!!!-opti3.jpg  
Old 06-17-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So here's what I wanna know about these distributors: how does the 5* of timing advance/retard work? I understand that it's changed by turning a screw, but what actually changes when you do that? Does it change the position of the optical sensor? Move the optical disk? What?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hope you get every thin worked out
Old 06-17-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

i think when you turn the screw it does move the sensor... but im not 100 percent sure, i just left it at stock specs... i just wanted the better opti.. not that i really needed the timing advance/retard... but a nice feature at that..

Quick Reply: Its In!!!!!!