LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTCC trouble code and cutting off at High r's.. help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTCC trouble code and cutting off at High r's.. help

The red LED is blinking three times.. that translates to, to many high res pulses... anyone encountered this. I know its a small number that are running this setup but thought I would give it a try.. I emailed Bob Bailey but no response yet.. does this mean that the optical part of my optispark is going bad? I am having a problem at around 5500 with my foot through the floor the rpm's drop to around 4000 and just stay there... if I let out and get right back in it it takes off but then cuts off again... almost like a rev limiter.. buts its smooth, no mis, detenation, or backfire.. any help or sugestions appreciated.. its a 383 with procharger...
heres what I have checked so far:
voltage on TPS
swapped MAF and MAP with good ones from a buddies car
fuel pressure steady.. has new pump and filter. A1000 and aeromotive filter
any other ideas besides the optical sensor in the optispark?
could my bypass valve cause any of this if it opened and high boost?.. thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 01:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow dude, sounds identical to what I'm having. But I have a solid green LED, on the dyno last week with the new solid roller 396 she was breaking up @5200 rpm, I'm going to be shifting @6900 on the stock PCM till I switch to BigStuff or FAST next year. We switched out the LS1 coils which had about 20,000 miles on them supposedly with some that had about 500 miles, it cleaned her up all the way through, hoping that's all it was. But if it does it again I'm not sure what to check next. I went with Magnecore 10mm wires, my wiring is all sodered and correct. I'm hitting the dyno tomorrow around 11am and if this doesn't fix it I'm considering going back to opti, but the ProBillet MSD version, which really sucks because these LTCC systems are really great.

My buddy has a 96 Z28 with a 383 & LTCC and was getting the same 3 blinking red lights on his LED, we never did figure it out. We bulletproofed his grounds, tried different coils, the works. He ripped Bob Baileys LTCC off and is going to MSDs opti.

I've yet to learn what the "too many high res pulses" actually means. You might try posting on camaroz28.com, quite a few over there running LTCC. If you do find out please shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Originally Posted by adrenalineaddiction
The red LED is blinking three times.. that translates to, to many high res pulses... anyone encountered this. I know its a small number that are running this setup but thought I would give it a try.. I emailed Bob Bailey but no response yet.. does this mean that the optical part of my optispark is going bad? I am having a problem at around 5500 with my foot through the floor the rpm's drop to around 4000 and just stay there... if I let out and get right back in it it takes off but then cuts off again... almost like a rev limiter.. buts its smooth, no mis, detenation, or backfire.. any help or sugestions appreciated.. its a 383 with procharger...
heres what I have checked so far:
voltage on TPS
swapped MAF and MAP with good ones from a buddies car
fuel pressure steady.. has new pump and filter. A1000 and aeromotive filter
any other ideas besides the optical sensor in the optispark?
could my bypass valve cause any of this if it opened and high boost?.. thanks

Quick Reply: LTCC trouble code and cutting off at High r's.. help