LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Having an issue with Ford Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having an issue with Ford Injectors

Hey guys. My friend and I were pieceing my car back together today and got around to putting the fuel rail and injectors on. I got a set of Ford #30 injectors. First thing I noticed was I had a hard time getting the clips on to hold them in place. In fact, we couldn't figure out a way to make them work at all. So then I went ahead and put them in. I got them into the holes where the injectors are supposed to go, and to they seem like they are sitting up a little high. I really hope I don't end up having a leaky set of injectors due to a faulty installation. I know that many people use them with great results but are they supposed to sit up that high? Let me know what you guys think and tell me if you think this is normal. If not how do you fix it? Thanks!!
Old 07-17-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Addict

Why mess with the Ford injectors? Great price or what?
Old 07-17-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Resident

Do a search on Ford 30lb injectors and see how many people use them. I really need an answer to my question.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
Do a search on Ford 30lb injectors and see how many people use them. I really need an answer to my question.
Yea sorry to waste your time, but since it seems pretty dry in here as far as answers to your Q I figured I could ask. Lighten up. Sounds like maybe you should have done some more research ace, and you wouldnt be making this post at all. And furthermore if you make a choice on a part simply because of how many people use them, that makes you about as smart as the next dumbass walking off a cliff. But, as always, some lead...some follow.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Because a lot of people regaurd them as some of the best injectors around. They're a lot easy to tune driveability wise compared to say accel injectors (or so a lot of tuners have said)

One advantage to them over stock is that if a problem develops and they lock up, an SVO (bosch) injector will lock in the open position unlike the stock units that lock closed. Wouldnt want that to happen on a nitrous car

Now LS1 Eddie You'll notice on the SVOs there are two grooves on the top of the injector. The top most groove will go all the way around the injector, while the one below it only goes around half way. While they may not feel right and look like they're going to fall out, the injector retaining clips actually go on the top groove. Some people dont use the clips and just let the injector sit wherever it wants to be. ButI would think that proper injector height inside the intake manifold would be something to have the same on all of them.

Last edited by buffman; 07-17-2006 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:00 AM
11 Second Club

Problem is circled..

Sorry I had to do it. I couldn't find a better time to say it.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Yea sorry to waste your time, but since it seems pretty dry in here as far as answers to your Q I figured I could ask. Lighten up. Sounds like maybe you should have done some more research ace, and you wouldnt be making this post at all. And furthermore if you make a choice on a part simply because of how many people use them, that makes you about as smart as the next dumbass walking off a cliff. But, as always, some lead...some follow.
WTF is wrong with you?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Some info, a person of f-body.com was having a similar problem. I am running 30lb'ers and did not have a problem fitment wise.

http://www.fbody.com/cgi-bin/lt1/rea...=268042#268042
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I use the #24 SVO's and I did not use the stock clip they did seem to stick up more but did not have a problem with them and yes ls1sliverado05 they do cost less than accel and alot of peaple run them
Old 07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

you might be trying to get the clip in the wrong slot on the injector. if i remember correctly if you cant get them on if you push them all the way in the fuel rail. you need to pull them out a little and you will see the grove where the clip should mount. just take one out and you should see what im talking about.

just a tip, make sure you dab some oil on the o-ring so they dont rip.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use SVO 24# and use the factory clips in the top groove. I have had no issues, work great. There are alot of people who use these injectors with no problems.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:54 PM
TECH Addict

^^ Which is what I said all those posts back up there
Old 07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just letting the guy know from someone else, and to let ls1silverado05 know that there is nothing wrong with using ford injectors. Work great at a good price.

Quick Reply: Having an issue with Ford Injectors