LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Low Res Code... Once again..

Old 07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Res Code... Once again..

so i replaced the opti due to a hesitation i was getting around 2500 rpms and after the car warms up fully it shows it most and will not let the car rev past 2500-3000 range if WOT... now... i replaced everything else as well and it was running fine for about 2 weeks and started to do this once again... the LOW-RES code came back. does this sound like what would happen if this code was to be thrown? also checked the resistance in the harness to the opti-spark and it is fine... i did how ever notice a LITTLE! bit of oil in there when i replaced the opti. im about to take her back apart and do the 3 seals... timing chain cover/opti-drive seal/water pump drive seal... can oil gettin on the optical lens cause the low-res code to be thrown???? any other ideas would be nice... as it caused my motor to have a nice loud backfire and now i have a slight knock up top around cyl #6... i used a screwdriver to teh ear method. i will be taking off the valve covers this weekend and maybe the intake as well. hoping for just a bent pushrod or collapsed lifter... maybe ill even settle for a bent valve as long as it didnt scar the piston top or head

anything u guys can come up w/ would be AWESOME! have posted about this long ago when it happened and i am currently a student. the car was just towed up today from back home and would like to get the car back up and running ! thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Teching In

mmm k! found this thread and it seems he had oil seeping in the back as well so hopefully the seals cure it!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...pti+hesitation

another thing!

i was told that u needed a special tool for the seals... but was also told about using a socket of some sort to do it? how is this done?! and where can i get the REAL tool if the socket thing is a myth?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you replace the vacuum harness with the opti? I went thru 4 optis in 40,000 miles, put in a new vacumm harness with the 4th one and now have over 50,000 miles since then. When I ordered the opti fron Dal he said GM won't warranty and opti unless the harness is replaced with it. I guess there is a problem with the check valve in it wearing out.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:33 AM
Teching In

sweet... where do i get one?
Old 07-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Teching In

also was wondering where i could get the seals... advance doesnt seem to have them shall i call Dal? i have the parts list site and can search for his # on here.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

another thing... where do i get the tools to do the seals? for the water pump, optic drive and crank seal???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low Res Code... Once again..