LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

IAT resistor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAT resistor?

I bought my car and it already had the 1le elbow,and i guess a resistor put on the IAT sensor,so the hole on the elbow was plugged off,is this normally done?? my car has a pcmforless.com tune so im wondering if it would throw off my tune,anyone have any help? should I try to find the sensor and plug it in or leave it the way it is now?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Sometimes people put the IAT sensor down on the intake tract to pick up cooler air. I am not real sure of all the implications of that mod but I personally wouldn't do it. Make sure the person hasn't done that mod to your car. I'm not sure where your actual sensor would have gone. Is the plug/pigtail still present?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Sometimes people put the IAT sensor down on the intake tract to pick up cooler air. I am not real sure of all the implications of that mod but I personally wouldn't do it. Make sure the person hasn't done that mod to your car. I'm not sure where your actual sensor would have gone. Is the plug/pigtail still present?
nope,the opening on the elbow is plugged with a bolt,I bought a new elbow because my other one ripped and it has the sensor there,but i dont know where the wire went to hook everything up
Old 08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Off the top of my head, it's on the same strand as the water pump temp sensor, the alternator plug, the IAC, and TPS sensors. Pull that mess of wires and see if something is dangling.

Quick Reply: IAT resistor?