LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

laptop programs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default laptop programs?

i just ordered an obd1 cable from AKM and gonna get an e-mail tune from madz28.com. ive been looking for a program for my laptop so i can read my performance. basically all i really want is to be able to see my hp and torque so i can check it after every mod i do. not worried too much about diagnostic stuff. free software would be nice, but i wouldnt mind spendin a few duckets on software thats more user friendly/better.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Tunercats, LT1 Edit, Datamaster, Freescan, etc. Is this a 93 or 94-95? Oh and for the horspower reading you can get those little fancy things that go in your window to measure HP (G-tech) or you could instal a dyno in your garage.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Launching!

propably should have said it was a 95 single cat z28. i was going to get one of those g-techs but, i figured i could get a program for a lot less or even free since i already have the cable.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Datamaster has a hp thingy but Im not sure how accurate it is, Ive never tried it. I had a G-tech a long time ago and I felt then it was the biggest waste of money ever. If youre worried about what you will or wont gain save your money and search the boards and see what the fast guys at the track are using. You get more from searching this section than you would from the G-tech
Old 08-06-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
or you could instal a dyno in your garage.
Now theres an idea.

LT1 Edit pretty puch will do the job. www.carputing.com I'm working on getting mine right now. haha

Quick Reply: laptop programs?