LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Should I fix it?

Old 08-08-2006, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I fix it?

I have, sitting in my yard, a 1995 Firbird Formula A4. It has a WS6 hood, TT2`s, 1.6 RR, SLP CAI,BBK Shorties,3.73`s,eaton posi,Underdrive puilly, Trans go shift kit, B&M 2400, and I also have a CC305 I never put in it.
Well about Two years ago I minorly smashed it, just front end damage, and havnt driven it since. Since then I bought a 99 SS.
I have a little bit of money and I considered buying a cheapie V6 bird (they go for under a thousand with a blown motor, ect) and swapping my stuff over and having an LT1 again. Im thinkinf of a new rolling chassis because the poor formula sat in the winter and the body is going to ****. But of course while the engine would be out Id put in the cam, get long tubes, and probably 383 it, not to mention change the opti.
But I was looking, the vendors dont actually offer much for them as much as they used to. A Lunati 383 kit is about 3000.
Do you think I should just let it rot and put the money in my LS1?
Old 08-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it even run? If it does theres plenty of places to get cosmetic parts. As long as you do all the work yourself I would do it. Even if the parts arent the same color who cares. At least its more sellable when you want to get rid of it. Hell, I just bought a Z28 for 1100 and dumped 4500 into it. I mean yea, I could have just bought one for that price, but now the car is pretty much brand new and I know everythingabout the car.

To make a long story short, if you really want to get rid of it Ill take it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I fix it?