Old 08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

XFI is the ****. I love it
Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep...Ricks right! XFI is the ****!

We just ordered the harness from FAST and made our own changes and add ons to it. As far as the gauges, just run the wires through the FAST harness to each sensor and to the body harness to the correct pin-out for the gauges. Only problem is the Speedometer which I have now have that figured out.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:13 PM
9 Second Club

Congrats Tony..... A long time coming and I can only imagine how fun it must be to get to this point... Hopefully I'm only a few months behind you (if only money grew on trees I'd be done already)......

And I third that opinion that XFI is the ****..... I wouldn't want to connect it to stock gauges which was one of my reasons for going all autometer but with FAST they make a connector for damn near everything.... you could probably connect the XFI to your friggin garage door opener and open it up using your horn button.... I think that's FAST part #78247

Again congrats. can't wait to see the dyno #'s and times seeing as how our motors are like carbon copies save for a few tiny odds and ends... I'll have to live vicariously thru you until mine rolls.....

BTW, don't forget we're going to want you out here in California if I can organize another F-body Civil War event..... I'd like to organize something and have all the guys show up at least from west of the mississippi.... but i won't organize nothing until I'm sure I can race in it....
Old 08-23-2006, 01:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Congrats Tony..... A long time coming and I can only imagine how fun it must be to get to this point... Hopefully I'm only a few months behind you (if only money grew on trees I'd be done already)......

And I third that opinion that XFI is the ****..... I wouldn't want to connect it to stock gauges which was one of my reasons for going all autometer but with FAST they make a connector for damn near everything.... you could probably connect the XFI to your friggin garage door opener and open it up using your horn button.... I think that's FAST part #78247

Again congrats. can't wait to see the dyno #'s and times seeing as how our motors are like carbon copies save for a few tiny odds and ends... I'll have to live vicariously thru you until mine rolls.....

BTW, don't forget we're going to want you out here in California if I can organize another F-body Civil War event..... I'd like to organize something and have all the guys show up at least from west of the mississippi.... but i won't organize nothing until I'm sure I can race in it....
Thanks Jason. I will come out only if I can crash at your pad, eat your food, drink your beer,and sleep with your w_ f _ .........I mean sleep in the extra bedroom! LOL j/king

Last edited by Tony Shepherd; 08-23-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:32 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Jason. I will come out only if I can crash at your pad, eat your food, drink your beer,and sleep with your w_ f _ .........I mean sleep in the extra bedroom! LOL j/king
If you can outrun mine when she's all done you can have her.......

The wife not the car....... I'll keep that and make it faster if you put a whippin on me....

Hopefully the only advantage i'll have is roughly the same amount of power in a lighter car..... maybe i should start kicking myself about mentioning those aerospace brakes..... If you're in the final with me I know I'm gonna be telling myself "WHY THE HELL DID YOU TELL HIM TO DITCH HIS STOCK BRAKES!?!?!?!?!?!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-23-2006, 03:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
If you can outrun mine when she's all done you can have her.......

The wife not the car....... I'll keep that and make it faster if you put a whippin on me....

Hopefully the only advantage i'll have is roughly the same amount of power in a lighter car..... maybe i should start kicking myself about mentioning those aerospace brakes..... If you're in the final with me I know I'm gonna be telling myself "WHY THE HELL DID YOU TELL HIM TO DITCH HIS STOCK BRAKES!?!?!?!?!?!"

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ok then......better tell her to get ready!!
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my speedo, tach, and volt meter all work.

i have had a mechanical oil presure gauge for a while now. and just installed an autometer h20 gauge.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I must have a hack harness then as I have to cut off my stk harness connectors and sodder to the FAST harness. Only harness that's PNP is my injectors but everything else has to be cut off the factory harness.

I hate wiring but I've got no choice in order for me to pass inspection my guages have to work and this harness was built w/ that in mind. TJ Lacey recommended this guy who builds custom harnesses that needed to have all my factory stuff working as FAST themselves didn't do this.

So did you guys just yank out the old wiring harness altogether?

Last edited by SRZ; 08-25-2006 at 02:47 AM.

Quick Reply: She's .......ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!