LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

F*cing Weird Noise!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default F*cing Weird Noise!!!!

Ok... this is really a odd noise and im not sure what in gods name it is. I have worked on vehicels for al ong time and I have yet to hear anyhting like this yet.

I can me driving down the road and all the sudden I hear this NASTY howling. Howling is the best word to describe it. Since i have a electric fan running all the time I figured it was the motor locking up or seomthign to that effect (because that is what it sounds like).

But what is weird almost ALWAYS when i got to stop, the second it is in park and I let off the brake it stops. It didn't once and i popped the hood and I couldn't even begin to take a slight guess at what was howling. One of those things it sounds about like it is coming from everywhere.

I was in the middle of an heated argument with someone so there were few things I didn't do, like cut the power to the fan to see if that was it... But it kinda sounded like it was coming from the drivers side towards the firewall. Again, I was fighting with someone in a pissed mood so I didn't really "problem solve" like i should have.

I shut it off and it didn't make the sound for the rest of the night. BUt it has been doing it for awhile now. And last night was the first time it would keep doing at after i let off the brake. Only time i have had a chance to pop the hood while it was doing it.

Any idea what in the hell could "howl"?
Old 09-10-2006, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you check all the accessories with pullies or even the wp? or maybe your rear end and its transmitting sound through the chassis? just throwing some ideas out there. good luck on this one!
Old 09-11-2006, 01:30 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FlamingChicken
did you check all the accessories with pullies or even the wp? or maybe your rear end and its transmitting sound through the chassis? just throwing some ideas out there. good luck on this one!

Its definitly coming from the engine bay. lol... it kept doing it idling in park.... i would kinda quit when reved, but it was bad and loud.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

It wasn't the person you were having the heated argument with
Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

vaccum leak maybe?

Quick Reply: F*cing Weird Noise!!!!