LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help with these problems please

Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with these problems please

94 Z28 M6

Car was stumbling and seemed to be down on power, mechanic checked it out and I had a fuel pump that was on its way out as well as a malfunctioning EGR valve. Both replaced, now the car has its power back at both mid-to-high throttle, but there still is a bit of a stumble at lower RPM's. In addition now, when the car is running there is an audible 'hiss' coming from the back of the car. It sounds like having the stereo cranked up with no music playing...stereo off to ensure that wasn't the problem. Now, for 2 days in a row I'm getting an SES light that goes off after driving a mile or 2; I'm also getting a metallic rattling from the back end of the car at certain RPM's and this morning (while the SES light was on) it seemed I could smell fuel (no leaks). Opti replaced at 70K, not sure the last time plugs and wires were done; mechanic did check the plugs and said they looked fine. I'm planning on going by Auto Twilight Zone to get a scan, then taking the vehicle back to the mechanic regarding the rattling; aren't there some kind of heat shields b/w the muffler and the fuel tank that can rattle when they dropped the tank? Any idea what would be causing that hissing noise, and any additional suggestions regarding the stumbling problem I keep having? I'm mechanically challenged, and from what I've heard doing the plugs is not for a novice, but how tough would it be for a DIY on the wires? Thanks in advance from all the mechanical wizards prowling these parts...
Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you smell gas... that usually means the vent tube on the top of the tank has come off... or in your case maybe not reinstalled

Search this Thread