LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bulb help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bulb help

So I started taking apart my turn signal today as what I expected would be a normal bulb change. However I replaced the bulb and it's barley lite. I moved the bulb around and such but nothing changes. The bulb will light up as a parking light but not as a turn signal. When you turn the turn signal on the bulb just stays lite. However the rear signal is working. Would this just be the turn signal relay? Also autozone asks if I have a cross reference for the relay, what would that be?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

should be a relay...if the back one works it doesn't have a cross reference, because yours is an earlier model. after 94 i believe they started that so that the front and rear stay together. in other words...on a newer car when you turn the signal on and one doesn't work properly then they both just stay lit, and don't blink. check the relays first, then check the wiring to the light. mine's bad and with the cam lope it always rattles apart.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rhoop24
So I started taking apart my turn signal today as what I expected would be a normal bulb change. However I replaced the bulb and it's barley lite. I moved the bulb around and such but nothing changes. The bulb will light up as a parking light but not as a turn signal. When you turn the turn signal on the bulb just stays lite. However the rear signal is working. Would this just be the turn signal relay? Also autozone asks if I have a cross reference for the relay, what would that be?
i will check my manual on the schematics later... but i noticed you are a 93... if you arent already there, check out www.speeddensity.org
great site specifically for the 92-93 speed density vettes and the 93 fbodies... later
Harvickgm