LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stuck 02 sensor...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck 02 sensor...

Alright, I have been fighting o2 problems for ever. I have recently came up with the possibility of the driver-side being bad, and I'm trying to change it. the person who put it on, god bless their sole, felt the need to use some sort of thread locker on it, and I can't for the life of me get it off.. I have tried breaker bars, ratchet, o2 sensor sockets, I tried using a piece of wood for leverage, tried hammering in on the breaker bar, tried using my legs, tried heating the 02 bung up with a map gas torch, everything, cant get this ****** loose. Any ideas?
Old 10-07-2006, 06:12 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WD-40 let it sit, spray, sit, spray.

Then get a LONGER breaker bar. And just keep working at it, it will give....eventualy.

Tony.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was using liquid wrench, also found out liquid wrench is flammable when I broke out the map gas torch hahaha..

I eventually got some more stank on it and broke the 02 sensor in half. At that point I hacked it apart until only a little stub was in the bung, and got a regular six point and a 1/2 drive breaker bar on it and got it..

Thanks for all the help man, I wish I could have used a longer breaker bar but I didn't have the room since I was on jack stands instead of the one lift I have access to now that currently has a ls2/4l80e rx7 on it... haha

Quick Reply: Stuck 02 sensor...